My husband and I were at voyager and I'm sorry to say this, but of all the hotels I've stayed at in Mombasa, this had the lowest standards.
The rooms are extremely old and not well maintained; from the bathroom tiles to the room fittings, everything was dated and aged.
First night there, a room attendant came to turn down our room in our absence, upon returning, we found the bathroom un-cleaned, towels all ruffled up on the floor, no shower gel or shampoo replaced. Dinner service was of low standards, one waitress seemed to be bothered by us when we asked her to re-fill our drinks.
All in all in I found the service at the hotel extremely inconsistent, our first day at the pool, we were served by an extremely pleasant server called Esther, On Sunday however the gentleman who served us seemed so extremely bored and bothered by our requests; I ordered a Virgin Dawa and he pointed out that it would not be included in the ' All Inclusive ' package, when I pointed out that just the day before I had not been charged for the same drink, he laughed and said 'its not possible, because this drink has crushed lemons' . I completely failed to understand that logic but asked him to bring me the drink anyway, when he did bring it, he reconfirmed that what I had told him was true ;the drink was in fact included in the AI package, contrary to his misguided deductions about crushed lemons.
When we later tried to call the waiter to order more drinks, he gestured from all the way across the pool by crossing his forearms, and walked away. We were so unimportant , that he did not even feel the need to walk over and explain that he was done for the day. There is no excuse for this kind of informal or rude behaviour from a staff member, for a paying guest to be treated like this is shameful and shows a lack of common decency.
There was absolutely no Management presence throughout our stay, it was actually quite laugable; the only time I saw management in masses was when they came to eat breakfast in the dining room, and even then they seemed more concerned about they're meals and less concerned about the guests.
Food: Lacking in Variety
Accomodation: Old and out of date
Management: No comment
Impressive Employee's: Esther (server at poolside) and Neema ( Animation)
Would we return: No
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Moored seven kilometres north of Mombasa city centre, Voyager Beach Resort's convenient 'berth' gives guests easy access to a huge variety of historical, sporting and cultural attractions. The vibrant themed resort is famous for hosting some of Africa's finest family entertainments and animation programs, including unique themed journeys across the seven seas, culinary extravaganzas, with very supervised kids' activities and days out with Africa's best-known and most experienced childrens' safari club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Jovago.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Voyager Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Voyager Beach Hotel Mombasa
- Voyager Hotel Kenya
- Voyager Beach Resort Mombasa
- Voyager Beach Resort Kenya
- Voyager Beach Mombasa
- Voyager Hotel Mombasa