Paid $115 USD on Hotels.com for a junior suite with breakfast and dinner included but ended up getting a normal room. Probably should have realised before booking given that the price was relatively cheap: I wouldn't recommend paying for an upgraded room as you probably won't get it.
That said, I thought the hotel was still decent value for money. 3 pools, nice beach (but plenty of harassment from touts), scuba diving options, decent breakfast and good dinner.
Hotel itself is probably 3 star standard and the price reflects this.
Found the staff generally quite friendly and helpful.
Free wifi in the lobby only (not available in the rooms).
Agree with other comments that this place is best suited to families.
Once onsite you are captive to the hotel taxi mafia, so prepare to be gouged with 1800 shilling taxi fares to the airport and 1200 shillings into town, each way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Moored seven kilometres north of Mombasa city centre, Voyager Beach Resort's convenient 'berth' gives guests easy access to a huge variety of historical, sporting and cultural attractions. The vibrant themed resort is famous for hosting some of Africa's finest family entertainments and animation programs, including unique themed journeys across the seven seas, culinary extravaganzas, with very supervised kids' activities and days out with Africa's best-known and most experienced childrens' safari club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Voyager Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Voyager Beach Hotel Mombasa
- Voyager Hotel Kenya
- Voyager Beach Resort Mombasa
- Voyager Beach Resort Kenya
- Voyager Beach Mombasa
- Voyager Hotel Mombasa