Voyager Beach Resort
$192
$172
Free cancellation until 06/01
$119
PrideInn Express Nyali(Mombasa)(Great Value!)
$57
Severin Sea Lodge(Bamburi)(Great Value!)
$107
$65
Agoda.com
Book now, pay at stay
$105
Travelocity
Hotels.com
3,286 results
All reviewsfun poolsmugglers coveinfinity poolanimation teamlookout baritalian restaurantjt safarisbeach boyscaptains tablesuperior sea viewday safaricruise shipship themesnack barmain restaurantall inclusive packagelobster
Reviewed March 3, 2013

we have just returned from our second visit at the voyager,we had a wonderful three weeks, the captain with his staff could not have done a better job, the food every day was excellent in choice and quality together with the service,the only disappointment the dress code for dinner is to relaxed for the quality of the service, they need to up their commitment on this.The hotel as some new furniture and we know they are gradually refurnishing the rooms, new towels are available around the pool with drinks service excellent.We will certainly be returning again to kenya and staying at the voyager hotel.

Room Tip: sea view is worth the extra
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
BeutifulKenya64, Group Operations Manager at Voyager Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Ahoy Guest,
Thank you for posting your review. We do appreciate and it is true we are on the drawing board for a major improvements.
Keep watching this space.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

I recently returned from Mombasa where I spent 4 nights at this hotel.
The pluses are the pools, particularly the adults-only infinity pool and the meals at the large dining room.
However, a portion of the rooms are atrocious. Out-dated, moldy, un-inspired. I unfortunately stayed in one of these rooms when I first arrived. I opened the bathroom door only to have the handle fall off in my hand. The bathroom smelled like a mixture of mold and urine. THe towels were hard and stiff. I asked for a room change but was not able to until the 3rd night. The new room, which also cost twice as much was a good deal better but still disappointing for the price.
They have a lot of work to do to improve the guest experience. The wifi is ridiculous and works only in the lobby. You also can only pay for 3 hours at a time.
If you do go, make sure you are in one of the updated sea-view rooms, otherwise it's not worth it.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms on deck 1 are the nicest.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank kipepeopeo
BeutifulKenya64, Group Operations Manager at Voyager Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Ahoy Guest,
Thank you for posting your comments. We do respect them and they are now on my desk.
Regards,
Group Operations Manager

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I stayed at the Voyager in between trips to the wildlife reserves and it was a perfect place to unwind, relax, swim ....

Being a fully catered resort, there are basically no extra fees for anything, except the initial fee for the wireless internet in the lobby (once you pay the fee you have the password so there is no need to go back and keep paying as you'll just be able to connect each time).

The food in the main restaurant was always good, a different menu each night with theme nights and a bit of entertainment after dinner - acrobats, dancers, a band, depending on the theme. Basic drinks (beer, wine, G&T, etc) are also free! There are also snacks all throughout the day - you won't go hungry!!

We also tried the Seafood restaurant, Smuggler's Cove, where you need to pay 50% for the food, and for your drinks if you are an all inclusive guest. The food was a considerable step up from the main restaurant - three choices for lobster dishes and they were well worth the extra!!

The accommodations are good - I had a room with a beach view and it was possible to leave the door open at night and hear the sea, adding to the relaxing atmosphere. The bed was huge, a little tired, but I slept well enough.

Two downsides of the place:

The linens are really old and desperately need replacing. The towels appear dirty, the sheets are worn, I wasn't sure if the pillow cases had been changed from the last guest or if they were just old and stained. Mosquito nets are old, curtains and bedspreads look dated. A little money invested in updating there would make a world of difference to the experience.
The tap water is salt water so you may find it hard to get your hair the way you would like it!!

That being said, I had a lovely time, really hated leaving and would happily go again!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Ahoy Guest,
Thank you for this review. We do take note of all your comments.
Kind regards,
The Voyager Team.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Stayed here in october 2012 for a weeks honeymoon. room was a little dated but was clean and comfortable, bed was enormous!. we paid the extra to have a sea view room which was well worth it and was beautiful to wake up to every morning. staff were always very polite and approachable whatever time of the day. food and drinks were fansastic, plenty of choice and all delicious. variety of water sports available which was nice and location was fab too. had the most relaxing week and wouldnt hesitate to return. thoroughly enjoyed it.

Room Tip: well worth the extra money to have a sea view room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
So glad you enjoyed your stay at the Voyager. We do appreciate your sharing the feedback.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I visited the Voyager most recently in November 2012 and was amazed to read Aneri N's review concerning Guest Relations. Please read the other reviews concerning weddings. As we arrived Guest Realtions ensured that we had a ground floor room close to my parents in law who we had travelled with. I have never found them to be anything but helpful to the extreme. Margaret was always in reception with a cheerful welcome. She always found out the information that we wanted and came back to us without delay. The reception staff were really helpful when my husband lost his camera, making numerous phone calls to locate it. Thanks to Pullmans who returned it the same day. All the staff were helpful, my mother in law was in a wheelchair and there was always someone willing to push it or help us where there were steps.
There was an issue with people smoking around the pool, but the pool staff and management came round at regular intervals to stop it. Tatu and Winnie were fantastic, always friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble.
People complain about the rooms and although I would agree they are dated, they are clean and the air conditioning works. You only sleep in the room, it's the staff who make the holiday fantastic!
There was always a variety of food, it was impossible to leave the restaurant hungry. We ate in the Italian restaurant, which was excellent (gents, please don't forget long trousers) and also the seafood restaurant (down stairs, but they were only too willing to help with the wheelchair), it was well worth the money.
We had a small problem with the electrics, but it was sorted within minutes.
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Voyager to any of my friends, I know they wouldn't be disappointed.
I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
BeutifulKenya64, Group Operations Manager at Voyager Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Dear Guest,
We are so grateful you shared this review with us. We are excited you came and we all look forward to seeing you again soon.
Voyager has a repeat patronage of more than 50%. During August and February, this goes higher to 75%.
With this record we remain careful enough and prefer to call ourselves "Hungry Humble Loyal" and not "Heritage Hotels Limited" as a way of ensuring nobody leaves unhappy. Remember our company name is HHL.
When we do make any omissions as it happens in our industry sometimes, we try to quickly recover quickly. However nothing is to us as important as getting the kind of approval you are giving us. We appreciate.