“will be my 10th visit”

“will be my 10th visit”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

hi/Jambo

Mark holmes here

i am pleased to say that i am staying at the voyager beach hotel this will be my 10th visit to the Voyager !!!!!

I hope you guys at the voyager will get to read this as i can not find an e mail address for you to send this to you direct but i feel that the fact i am on my way for my honeymoon and the fact that it is my 10th time is a reflection in the affection i have for the Voyager and the staff and the holiday of a life time i know i will have.

I will arrive on the 5th of Janurary 2013 and my wife and I wil be staying with you for 3 weeks. I can not wait I hope Joseph at the beach bar and also Felicia Motto are still there it will be great to see them both as well as the rest of the staff.

I have booked with Virgin Holidays and did request and pay the extra for the a room overlooking the pool and the beach with a breath taking view of the sea my old room number was 4208 i think it was on the first floor i would love this room again.

I look forward to what i know will be a fantastic Honeymoon and i cant wait for my wife to enjoy the full Voyager experience
to all of you reding this if you vist Kenya i can not recomend this hotel highly enough book and enjoy you will never want to return

Room Tip: the rooms overlooking the beach are by far the best.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
BeutifulKenya64, Group Operations Manager at Voyager Beach Resort, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Ahoy Guest,
Today is the 8th so you must be in the house already. For some reasons we only saw your post today. We welcome you though and shortly we shall be looking for you.
Enjoy and congratulation on your 10th visit
The Voyager Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (664)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
london
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We have been to this hotel 3 times, and the frist 2 it was great , the second time was in 2008 and there was civil disputes going on due to the election we got upgraded on arrival and again on retune from safari but the last time we went we found that they have started to take croporate partys and the individual traveler is not accomidated so well.the staff are push to do more for the corporate clients and the rest of us are kept waiting or things are given over to them this seem such a shame as the staff on the front of house do a very very good job of making your holiday special.

Room Tip: upper floors are less likely to get monkeys and do not leave door open
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank judith r
BeutifulKenya64, Group Operations Manager at Voyager Beach Resort, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Hello,
Thanks for taking time to post your comments. We note your concerns and will address them. Ideally with a 24acres of land at our disposal we should be able to cater for all Markets without appearing intimidating to other Market segments.
We shall endeavor to do this better in future.
Regards,
The Captain and His Team
Gdansk, Poland
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We have book Voyager Beach for 2 weeks ( from 8.12-23.12.2012 ). After we came in the night - about 10 p.m we get a room and we had the late dinner. Because we book a room with garden view, we were very suprised in the morning when we saw a breathtaking view on Indian Ocean. Now i see that it's worth extra money. Staff is very friendly but if you are staying at the adult only pool sometimes they are show you that tip will increase their speed with bringing the drinks. Expectation time - with tip - 5-10 min , without - up to 40 min. Food was great - a huge variable of choices ( vegetables, fish, meats etc ). Room was pretty ok but little tired ( bathroom needs a refurbishment ), beside we didn't spent to much time in the room. Animations are very nice - everyday was something different and kids really love it. We were on 3days/2nights safari with JT Safari - highly recommend ( separate review ). If I'll will come another time to Kenya I don't know if it will be Voyager, but i won't change the safari operator _ JT Safari. I hope your holiday will be as good as ours.

Room Tip: Seaview rooms are worth to pay a little extra.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks you for your posting. We are supposed to offer services equally to everybody as we do get service charge as part of the Charge to the Guests.
Comment that service is faster with Tip is quite disturbing to me and i seem to have seen it for the first time though I have worked here now for 15years.
I will have this thoroughly investigated and changed/addressed.
I am glad you raised it and I promise you it is on my screen.
The Group Operations Manager
Durham
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Stayed at the Voyager in October for a special occasion silver wedding.
This was our second visit, rooms needed updating six years ago when we visited and still need updating.
Food ok some days but others it was terrible.
Service some days very slow apart from a couple of nights when there was lots of officers in attendance.
No beer at the lookout bar for around two hours, fed up with waiting so ended up going to the main bar in reception.
Also the big downside was the prostitutes within the hotel.
With more and more travellers booking independently I feel that the Voyager may have to improve their services and rooms as there are better hotels in Kenya they can no longer depend on their reputation alone

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Durhamlass14
BeutifulKenya64, Group Operations Manager at Voyager Beach Resort, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Good Morning,
Thank you for posting your review. Your opinions are respected and we shall work towards resolving all of them.
We are glad you came
Regards,
The Voyager Team.
Christchurch, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Sorry this isn't a review although stayed at Voyager 18 months ago and loved it, would love to go back.

I'm on here because I made friends with some beach sellers. I kept in touch with 1 in particular, he would text almost weekly. I then lost my phone, does anyone know if JP is still around and if he is ok. Would love to be in contact again but don't know how to get hold of him. He always wore a orange wooly hat.

Thanks

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
We do not have the names of all the Beach Sellers but I have asked the security team to try and trace him and we shall then ask him to get in touch with you.
Happy New Year.
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed December 27, 2012

After searching for a perfect spot to kick back and relax, I stumbled upon this little gem. The rooms are clean and the ocean view from my room was breathtaking! The staff was extremely friendly and were always available!

The food was alright, nothing out of this world but it was good. The three pools will have you salivating!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank kipepeo254
BeutifulKenya64, Group Operations Manager at Voyager Beach Resort, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Thanks you for the wonderful review. We note you feel the Food should be better and how we wish to see you again soon so we can compare notes again.
So glad you came
The Voyager Captain and Crew
Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

Looking forward to returning to the Voyager Beach Resort for our second visit. Was there in Febuary 2012 and enjoyed it so much, we are returning again in the comming Febuary. To once again to be spoilt and pampered by the very pleasant staff, very good food and a nice beach.

Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
We do look forward to seeing you again too. As you perhaps know we have a return guest rate of more than 50%. In February and August, this goes up to as high as 70%.
We are so glad you can make us quote these statistics. It will be the Captains pleasure to host you on the Captains table.