The good ship Voyager is mored in beautiful settings north of Mombasa. It has all the facilities you need, and a very able crew. However it is one of these places which could be at a beach anywhere in the warmer parts of the world - you don`t have a feel of beeing in Africa. For some rest and relax it is a fine place, but as a base for "African adventures" a bit far away from everything
This time, however, we came for rest and relax, and find Voyager a suitable place for just that!
Our room was facing the fun pool and also had views to the sea. We had feared it could be a bit noisy there with many activities in the pool, but it was not bothersome . Gardens are well maintained and generally nice
Food was good, and plentiful. Sometimes a bit of queues at the various food stations during the busiest times, and drink service not very attentive. Great selection for vegetarians. If you like more quiet meals, go for the Italian restaurant - you have to book this in advance. Candlelight dining, and good food. However Italians - and other true pizza lovers - should stay away from the socalled pizzas.
As pointed out in other reviews the staff is very friendly and helpful. They deal seriously with feedback connnected on feedback forms
We noticed a lot of acitivites, from bingo to swahili courses to pool basket. However ourselves we only tried the all inclusive watersports - catamaran sailing was good fun. The glass bottom boat trip runs daily, but goes to the same two spots every day, coral gardens and star fish garden. You pay the marine park fee in cash (15 USD) Very nice and knowledgeable crew onboard
3 pools - the funpool with activites, the sports pool and the relax pool where no kids, music etc was allowed. We had heard that the beach itself would not be a nice place to bee because of all the sellers. Yes, they were there, but we did not find them as annoyong as expected. Lukewarm water 24 h, but a lot of seaweed in the water, and very shallow at low tide
Few bars around, our favourite was the Lookout with beach and sea views. Also drink service at the pool areas. Could have wished for colder wine, and more diet friendly drink options
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Moored seven kilometres north of Mombasa city centre, Voyager Beach Resort's convenient 'berth' gives guests easy access to a huge variety of historical, sporting and cultural attractions. The vibrant themed resort is famous for hosting some of Africa's finest family entertainments and animation programs, including unique themed journeys across the seven seas, culinary extravaganzas, with very supervised kids' activities and days out with Africa's best-known and most experienced childrens' safari club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Voyager Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Voyager Beach Hotel Mombasa
- Voyager Hotel Kenya
- Voyager Beach Resort Mombasa
- Voyager Beach Resort Kenya
- Voyager Beach Mombasa
- Voyager Hotel Mombasa