We stayed at Bamburi Beach hotel in July 2013 for 11 days. All in all we loved our stay. Even though the hotel is rated ***, many of its facilities and aspects would deserve ****. Rooms are quite basic, but very clean and cleaned every day. You can get a mosquito net upon request (even though on coast the danger of malaria is rather low). The pool area is amazing, just like the restaurant. We had all inclusive plan and the meals were great - the choice was very rich, there was something for everybody. Waiters and all the staff were extremely polite and helpfull. The hotel is located right on the beach, which is great. The beach is beautiful, even though we didn't enjoy it as much as we wanted to. First of all, you can't lie on the beach, you have to lie on the sun terrace of the hotel or by the pool. The beach is full of sellers - "beach boys" - and their stalls and "offices". This was a real disadvantage as we don't like to lie by the pool and definitely prefer beach. Also, make sure to check what time is low tide and high tide during the period for which you plan your trip. The low tide in Bamburi is really very low - the water disappears more than a kilometr away and it is impossible to swim in the ocean during low tide as it is really far away and you can get to it only through tons of sea grass, which is quite unpleasant, so we gave it up after a few trials. When we were in Bamburi (beginning of July), the ocean started to disappear around 11 am and it didn't come back until 4 pm, so all in all we didn't enjoy the ocean too much, because for the majority of the day it was gone, which we really regretted. Also, as there is winter in June in Kenya, it was dark quite early (around 7 pm) and about around 5 pm it was time to leave the pool as the wind was starting to blow and it was getting quite cold.
Even though we were very disappointed by the impossibility to properly enjoy the ocean, we really loved our stay in Kenya, there is so much to do and so much to explore. If you come to Kenya, please make sure you leave the hotel and you see the real Kenya! We were really shocked that the majority of other guests was basically just staying around the pool, not leaving the hotel, even not going for a walk along the beach! Yes, you need to be cautious as the safety situation in Kenya is not perfect, on the other hand it should not prevent you from seeing something more than just the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This warm and friendly hotel welcomes guests with a distinctly African vibe and a fantastic view of the Indian Ocean! The spacious and comfortable vibrant deluxe rooms have a TV, Coffee and Tea making facilities, safe (chargeable) and mini fridge to ensure you can relax and enjoy, in air conditioned comfort with quiet, split unit air conditioners or on the terrace with a spectacular view and a cool Indian Ocean breeze. The ocean deck edges onto the ocean and offers a relaxing atmosphere during the day enjoying a sunbath with a terrific view of the ocean! Whether you come to the Bamburi Beach Hotel to relax or to use it as a starting point for your game drives, we do everything we can to ensure your comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bamburi Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bamburi Beach Hotel Kenya
- Bamburi Beach Hotel Mombasa