This was our third time at Bamburi Beach Hotel after a very long time (over five years). Previous visits we were dating this time we are married with a three and half year old son. From our previous pleasant experiences we though there was no point in trying a new place since we already new Bamburi was great. Booked for the Easter weekend two weeks in advance and were excited to show Mommbasa to our son.
Sadly on arrival we were given a room at an awkward ground floor location. The room looked and felt smaller than others we have used before. The furniture and fittings looked and felt old; stained chairs creaky mattresses...... The pillows were just dirty! Especially the one meant for my son which made me wonder about the linen. There was no fridge on the first night and we had to keep my son's medication in the main bar's fridge.
We asked for a differnt room next morning and after some promises we were told there were none. I actually thought we booked early enough to be allocated a better room. The pillows were replaced eventually, the fridge was also brought but they changed my sons bedcover with a dirtirer one and i had to complain again!
Generally other services were okay in the restaurant, the pool etc. Reservations and the room service people have to pull up their socks. Next time we are coming to the Coast might consider going back for old times sake but we shall not also consider other hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This warm and friendly hotel welcomes guests with a distinctly African vibe and a fantastic view of the Indian Ocean! The spacious and comfortable vibrant deluxe rooms have a TV, Coffee and Tea making facilities, safe (chargeable) and mini fridge to ensure you can relax and enjoy, in air conditioned comfort with quiet, split unit air conditioners or on the terrace with a spectacular view and a cool Indian Ocean breeze. The ocean deck edges onto the ocean and offers a relaxing atmosphere during the day enjoying a sunbath with a terrific view of the ocean! Whether you come to the Bamburi Beach Hotel to relax or to use it as a starting point for your game drives, we do everything we can to ensure your comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotel.de, Priceline, Booking.com, Jovago.com, HRS, Agoda, HotelsClick and Despegar.com so you can book your Bamburi Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bamburi Beach Hotel Kenya
- Bamburi Beach Hotel Mombasa