Having just returned from the Bamburi I want other people to know what a terrible hotel this is. On arrival we found that our room was in need of a refurb. The bed sheets and particularly the pillowcases were an awful dirty colour and the bed was covered in old itchy blankets. We found hair on the bedroom floor. The shower taps would not turn and therefore I scalded myself on the 1st night because I could not turn the cold water tap! The TV was not working. Air conditioning was not working. The lock on the bedroom door would not lock and therefore was not secure at night. Our first night in the restaurant was a disaster, we went in at 8pm only to find there was hardly any food left - this happened most evenings, it was a case of 1st come 1st served. We mostly ate outside the hotel. If you wanted a sunbed you have to be prepared to get up at 6am. if not you could not get one, those that were available needed replacing, they were old and broken and in some cases dangerous ie nails sticking out, rusty and splintered. Hotel grounds were generally run down and unkept. The worst thing of all were the prostitutes who frequented the hotel, some with their children. This was known to the management but they seem to turn a blind eye. I definitely would not recommend this hotel particularly to those taking children. Most of the staff were sour faced and unfriendly particularly the chefs in the dining room. Look out for Benjamin in the Karibu restaurant - he did absolutely nothing except stand around, he didnt meet or greet or even smile. You will be expected to fill in the usual comment forms when eating at this restaurant, bear in mind that he will stand and read the report and there is no guarantee that the comment sheet will be put in the box to be sent back to the management. I did make a list of complaints whilst in the hotel which I took to the reception but this was met with a "couldnt care less attitude". We holiday at least twice a year long haul and I can honestly say this is the worst hotel we have ever stayed in. It is dirty and the staff are lazy due to lack of training and poor management!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This warm and friendly hotel welcomes guests with a distinctly African vibe and a fantastic view of the Indian Ocean! The spacious and comfortable vibrant deluxe rooms have a TV, Coffee and Tea making facilities, safe (chargeable) and mini fridge to ensure you can relax and enjoy, in air conditioned comfort with quiet, split unit air conditioners or on the terrace with a spectacular view and a cool Indian Ocean breeze. The ocean deck edges onto the ocean and offers a relaxing atmosphere during the day enjoying a sunbath with a terrific view of the ocean! Whether you come to the Bamburi Beach Hotel to relax or to use it as a starting point for your game drives, we do everything we can to ensure your comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Otel, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Bamburi Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bamburi Beach Hotel Kenya
- Bamburi Beach Hotel Mombasa