Have just returned from the Bamburi Beach hotel, stayed here 7 years ago and it was really lovely, we travelled with 8 other friends for a 50th birthday, we expected it to be the same, how wrong can you be:
The first room we had, the air conditioning was blowing out hot air, to be fair when we complained they sent someone to fix it but it wasn't fixed, they let us move rooms the next day, and this one was fine. The rooms a very tired now and in need of an up grade, they were clean however. The food the first week was very good, as was the service, when we returned from safari the second week it wasn't nice at all, there were not enough staff really, there were just two waiters around the pool area, a lot of the time they forgot orders, or just didn't come back! Merci the restaraunt hostess was funny the first few days but then became over the top, throwing napkins at the guys when they were eating grabbing them and making rude comments, we got very fed up with her to be honest.
There were never enough sun beds, it was like being in Spain, people were up at 5.30am putting towels out, sometiomes the beds weren't even used!! There are notices saying that sunbads are not to be saved but thats never inforced. We have been to Kenya 10 times now and have never experienced this, the hotel put me in mind of some cheap rate hotel in Spain were people went just to lay in the sun for two weeks.
We did a 4 day safari with a guy called Partick of STT safari, we paid £350 each (really good price compared with the tour operators) there was 10 of us, we went to Voi Safari lodge, Salk Licks and Kiiiguni Lodge, we did 2 safari drives each day, the drivers were very careful drivers, I wouldn't say there knowledge of the wild life was vast but they did find us the cheeter and everything apart from the Rino, they were however very keen to please and give us a good expereience. I do have their email address if anyone want its. I contacted them before we left to organise it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This warm and friendly hotel welcomes guests with a distinctly African vibe and a fantastic view of the Indian Ocean! The spacious and comfortable vibrant deluxe rooms have a TV, Coffee and Tea making facilities, safe (chargeable) and mini fridge to ensure you can relax and enjoy, in air conditioned comfort with quiet, split unit air conditioners or on the terrace with a spectacular view and a cool Indian Ocean breeze. The ocean deck edges onto the ocean and offers a relaxing atmosphere during the day enjoying a sunbath with a terrific view of the ocean! Whether you come to the Bamburi Beach Hotel to relax or to use it as a starting point for your game drives, we do everything we can to ensure your comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Bamburi Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bamburi Beach Hotel Kenya
- Bamburi Beach Hotel Mombasa