1,081 results
All reviews bamburi beach beach boys haller park animation team great holiday crocodile farm water polo snack bar evening entertainment tsavo east west rooms are basic soups beach sellers masai mara week stay main restaurant the general manager
Reviewed October 14, 2011

Would I recomend this hotel? NO Would I ever return to this hotel? NO

I have stayed in a few bad hotels but this is the only one I have been to that I would never go back to, it was like the television programme Benidorm, only worse! The all inclusive functioni s a complete waste of time, I could not get a drink for love nor money! You ask for water and you get one measly glass, you are not allowed to fill up even a small water bottle so I spent two weeks constantly dehydrated! At lunch & dinner waiters "serve" you drinks, every mealtime we would wait at least 15 minutes to order our drink, they then would not return! So you are restricted to one drink per meal, we tried tipping and it didnt help - ended up being even more of a waste of money! The food was ok, I would highly recomend the Karibu snack bar at lunch and for evening (you have to pre book this) rather than the buffet as you are more likely to get served here!

The rooms were very outdated, only one bulb out of 3 worked in our bathroom, the air con did not work and every evening we had to go all the way to reception to ask for someone to fix it, a guy would arrive with the control and re-set the unit, 10 minutes after he left it broke again - this happened EVERY Evening so we gave up in the end and it felt like a sauna!

You cannot use the beach, no sunbeds are allowed and it is full of seaweed. Sunbeds are situated around the pool but never enough, I waited over 1.5 hours for one! I complained to the manager and he told me "of course we have enough!", clearly they dont!

The evening entertainment was very bad.

Only plus points were the entertainment staff - excellent, and the waiters, there were not enough but they were trying!

1  Thank Jenna131
Reviewed October 13, 2011

Went all inclusive. Wonderful hotel, food lovely if you dont like spicy plain menu at the Karibou Grill. Rooms lovely cleaned every day and clean towels daily. Staff are friendly and go out of their way for you nothing is to much trouble for them. I ended up going on my own and met loads of people and became friends. Went to Salt Lick Safari which visited Tsavo West and East absolutley amazing.You can book some safaris at the hotel with First Choice but i booked before going.

Room Tip: I asked for a sea view when i got there had not been allocated but informed reception and they changed my room staight away.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank CarmarthenRose
Reviewed October 11, 2011

first time to kenya and stayed at the bamburi beech hotel, very clean inside and out, the staff are hard workers and always pleasant.and most speak very good english, we found the food quite good it was better than we expected,as for the traders on the beech just a polite no usually worked with some of them ,but difficult just to have a stroll along the beech as they keep following you.we went on a 3 day 2 night safari to tsavo east and west the company we used was S.T.T SAFARIS at www.sttsafaris.com we had contacted this company in the uk befor we left.patrick the sales rep was very imformative and knowledgable he picked us up on day agreed took us to his office to sort the safari.we had a van to ourselves as requested .the safari its self was amazing and ben the driver/guide was fantastic he saw things we would have missed we would definately recommend this company they are cheaper than the others and would use them again

Reviewed October 11, 2011

Only 7 days but had such a lovely time at Bamburi Beach. Yes the hotel is a bit jaded but more than makes up for it by the lovely staff. They are so friendly and it's not put on nothing is too much trouble Marcie in the restaurant is a GEM.Read some bad reviews on the food but we couldn't find fault with it. We didn't do a Safari but went to Haller park which I reccomend even if you do the Safari feeding the Giraffes was a fantastic experience. So was trading on the beach which takes a bit of getting used to but they are all very nice chaps trying to make a living.

Room Tip: Sea view is best I emailed in advance for one. However as there is no lift and four floors and you are not too fit request a lower floor we were on 2 which still had the view.
Reviewed October 9, 2011

we travelled to kenya with some freinds of ours, on arrivall we travelled straight to safari in tsavo east very tiring but well worth it. stayed at the arruba lodge the whole experience was fantastic, lodge was brilliant and safari was out of this world cannot fault the lodge or safari what so ever.
we then went to the bamburi beach hotel, not what we were expecting, we all thought the hotel was very poor, the first room we had was terrible when we eventually changed rooms the next one was ok but that is all you can say, very basic and old.
Yes this hotel is only a three star but to us it really showed, we only stayed here one night and the next day we asked the rep if we could move hotels, he was very good and moved us to there sister hotel the southern palms in the south, well what a difference this is what a hotel should be more like, very good and you can even go on the beach here.
To come to the point i would not reccomend the bamburi beach to my worst enemy but if you are going to kenya the southern palms hotel is excellent,

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple