“Not impressed” 2 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Waitstaff
NAIROB
“Not impressed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

I visited the cafe roma in Nyali. I heard the desserts are good but I didnt try . I had coffee and a pie and was rather disappointed , the chicken pie had more potatoes than chicken and my coffee didnt taste as I would have expected . The major issue is service , they served me the pie with a butter knife , asked for tobasco they gave one that almost empty I had to ask for everything salt pepper etc , the service team needs to be trained. Compared to competition in the same mall they need to improve considering the price they are charging also.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank MsMaa

Isle of Man, United Kingdom
“best risotto”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

Lovely ambiance. My 4th visit and I was not disappointed. I went there in a group of four. I took Wonderful risotto and my friend loved the emperor salad. my other friend ordered a seafood pizza that was a bit too roasted, surprisingly they returned it and made a new one IN TEN MINUTES FLAT, "do they ever make profits?", my other friend took a roman "something" sandwich and said it was lovely. for us we do highly recommend this place and surely when i get back i will be MAKING ANOTHER VISIT THERE.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Justin H
Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
“CAFE ROMA - MOMBASA NYALI - WORST PLACE TO BE!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

This is the worst place to be in terms of customer service. We went there for evening coffee with my wife, it really looked romantic and calling from the outside, the interior setup was good although it is just a small place. We sat down and the waiter approached us, my wife asked for the menus which were granted. . . meanwhile my iphone detected that they had a WIFI in the facility so i though i could go online and connect like the adjacent JAVA COFFEE HOUSE in the same periphery. The WIFI could not work, that was not big deal given the nature of WIFI networks in the rainy weather. I was told to talk to a guy on the counter who confirmed to me that there were network issues although he was not very conversant with the restaurant since he was only 3 days working instead he adviced us to come the following day. So the following day we decided to pass bay. THIS WAS THE BEGINNING OF DRAMA WE WERE NOT PREPARED OF! We went through the entrance and sat down on the red velvet seats and the waiter approached us as usual. We had just started conversing, when an italian looking man came to peer into our conversation with and odd look on the face, first i thought that was very rude but i didnt mind given that the place also sells beer which i took that he was a drunk. But wait a minute, he moved closer and started answering for the waiter and he was very rude, at one point he asked us if we were drinking or eating anything??? The next minute he told us that it was working hours and we were interfering with his business! we wondered how, we later learned he was was the proprietor of the CAFE ROMA! He then started shouting at us saying he was CALLNG SECURITY! We were alqaeda or something, shouting at the top of his voice asking who are you guyz??. It took the intervention of another lady who was now on the counter, who told this man that he should calm down, we talked to the lady and left. THIS ITALIAN GUY IS IN THE WRONG PROFESSION. In hotels you have to be hospitable to your clients, We had intentions of hosting a party there the coming weekend with a budget of about 200,000/ Kshs for about 20 people....i gues this guys lost it because we got another place which was more accommodating. TO ME THIS IS THE WORST PLACE ON EARTH! To those reading this post, dont go there, go to either cafesserie(at nakumat just next to the petrol station) or Java which is opposite the infamous CAFE ROMA. GUYS YOU ARE NOT WELCOME AT CAFE ROMA! YOU WILL NOT ENJOY YOUR MEALS SINCE SECURITY WILL BE CALLED ON YOU! THEY DONT ALLOW VISITORS THERE!! I DONT KNOW IF ITS A RESTAURANT OR A MORGUE and its not the best place either. Poor restaurant service, poor communication skills, they have scored 0 on customer relations!!!!

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Patrick M
Mombasa, Kenya
“Bad interior, bad food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

This restaurant is really poorly decorated, 3 different kinds of chairs, 3 different kinds of tables that really do not go together. But we got a friendly welcome so I thought it could only get better. I ordered a pasta and my husband ordered a chicken dish of which I forgot the name. My pasta was nothing special but still okay. My husband's chicken was raw. When we told the waiter, he apologized and asked if we wanted the chicken to be cooked some more. My husband kind of lost his appetite and it was rather late so we left it at that. Because the owner/cook was present in the restaurant we decided to tell him. Not that we wanted a reduction or anything but serving raw chicken can really make you sick and we thought he should know. When we told him, he said he saw the plate going back to the kitchen and there were only bones !!! Of course my husband had to remove the skin of the chicken to get to the meat. And when he noticed that around the bones it was still bloody he ate the part that was more or less cooked. My husband said he hardly had eaten anything and that he should not serve raw chicken. Then the owner/cook said this is the way this dish is cooked, not completely cooked and still a bit raw !!!!!! I told him it is very dangerous to eat raw chicken and that his explanation does not make any sense. When the waiter came back, I asked him if he would have eaten the chicken and he shook his head.
We will never go back there again ....

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Ann G
Bellflower, California
“Lovely”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

This place had ambiance as well as delicious food. The wait staff was efficient and nice. The price wasn't too expensive. This resturant though in a shopping mall is very romantic feeling at night. We were able to catch a nice breeze and enjoy the night air as we ate. Would definitely go back again

• Visited January 2013