“My stay at Nyali International Hotel”

Nyali International Beach Hotel & Spa
Ranked #33 of 58 Hotels in Mombasa
Nairobi, Kenya
“My stay at Nyali International Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

I checked in on 25th Feb and checking out on 27th Feb.
Got positive and prompt respond on mail as contact person was Paulyne.
My only concern is that i visited Nyali almost 18months ago while renovation was ongoing......great finishing and customer service has improved.
My only concern is the lift repairs is now functional but the quality and purpose is fall short of expectations. The lift is not clean and smelling which bit the purpose of usage and satisfaction.

Best wishes
Faiz Mohamed Badaud

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Faiz B
Aftab R, Chief Operating Officer at Nyali International Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear guest,

We thank you for taking time for posting your comments, the contents of which we have noted. We shall definitely look into the issues you have raised with a view to improve our product.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Northwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

I was staying in Mombasa for one week (on my own) so needed somewhere that was safe as well as good quality. Nyali International provided both. I stayed in the older, cheaper, part of the hotel but everything was good albeit some furnishing jut a bit tired. The main hotel and dining rooms, swimming pools etc etc were of course the same for all residents - a very good standard. The staff were always helpful and engaging. Will certainly stay here again if I am ever in Mombasa.

Room Tip: The new sea views rooms are best but more expensive - the older rooms are perfectly good, depends on...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Gordon A
Aftab R, Chief Operating Officer at Nyali International Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to post your comment. It was indeed a pleasure to know that not only did you enjoy your stay, but shall also be staying at the Hotel when you are in Mombasa again. We have embarked on a program of rehabilitation and refurbishment of all areas of the Hotel over phases, and assure you that your next stay shall definitely be more enjoyable.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

I frequent Mombasa on business often. I have been in many hotels in the area of Nyali Beach International. I decided to give the hotel a go.

Upon check in, I was given a room promptly. I went to my room expecting a newly renovated room and to my surprise it was not. The room was very old, dirty and in general ill repair. I turned on th A/C and it was making a very loud noise. Immediately, I headed to the front desk to inquire about a renovated room. I was told that there were no available and they were fully booked.

When I returned to the hotel at about 2200. I went to my room to find the A/C completely quit. Immediately, I headed to the front desk to complain. I was given a new room and had to move at 2230 at night.

The bathroom in particular was dirty with toothbrush water marks on the mirror. I do not think the underside of the toilet has ever been cleaned.

The next night I returned to my new room. I stepped into the bathroom and to my nasty surprise, I stepped into a 1/2 of water that was covering the entire floor. When the repairman arrived he told me they were working on the bathroom above my room and all the water had leaked through the ceiling. All of my belongings in the bathroom were completely soaked. I received nothing in compensation for my soaked leather toiletries kit.

I phoned the front desk and asked them to inform the manager and I was assured they would.

The next morning I left the hotel early. Before leaving, I left my phone number with the front desk for the manager to call me. I never received a call. The management never sought me out to apologize for my inconvenience less and type of compensation.

Upon check out, it was incumbent on me to seek the manager and and inform him of the situations I had during my stay. I received an apology and that was it.

I can assure you that I will not be staying here in the future nor will I reccommend it to my colleagues, friends or enemies!

• Stayed February 2013

Travelers are raving about these Mombasa hotels

Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

Stayed here recently. It is one of the best hotels to visit, stay at. The service is great and of course the ambiance... The beach bar was probably the nicest place to lounge at. Surprisingly, clean beach (for Mombasa). This is definitely one place I'd recommend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Evon N
Dear Guest,

We take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to post your comment. We are very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel, and look forward to welcoming you again.
Hamburg, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

Stayed here before flying back to Europe. Great team, good food. Will come again for sure if looking for a good overnight possibility in Mombasa / Nyali area. I would recommend to stay in the higher room categories - not a lot more expensive and definitely worth the KSH. Dont go to the Bar too late, because they will close in time. Overall - very nice place to come back to!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear guest,

We thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are indeed pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you again.
Bastad, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for five weeks in December 2012 - January 2013 and liked it so much. The service was excellent. The waiters down at the beach bars (especially Gaspar) was always there for you. It was always clean and nice around us. And if you fancy a coconut Lazarus gladly climbed up the tree and picked one. The hotel is situated on a gorgeous beach with lovely water. We took long walks in the morning and went swimming frequently.
Everyone was very accommodating and it was obvious that they did their best for us to feel good. The rooms were okay, nothing to complain about. The breakfast buffet was good and fresh. If I'm going to mention something that was not so good it will be the internet connection and the TV in the room. Otherwise, thumbs up! We will be back! We choose Nyali befor Travelers, White Sands and the other big tourist hotels. Hopefully see you soon again :))

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
båstad
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

We liked the hotel very much.We were living ther for almost five weeks.The staaf were VERY kindly and helpful.We had BB and the breakfast was very god with a plenty of fruit.
We also liked the beach and the beachbar

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple