“The place for good vegi food”
Review of Bollywood Bites

Bollywood Bites
Ranked #23 of 140 Restaurants in Mombasa
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Bollywood Bites is Mombasa's premier authentic Indian vegetarian restaurant located at Nyali Cinemax. Our menu remains true to Indian roots combining the best of Southern and Northern India. Our specialties include our Dosas, Punjabi Curries, Chaat and fresh juices. We aim to provide the most authentic Indian cuisine with the promise of fresh ingredients and sauces combined with original Indian spices.
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

When ever in the mood for strictly indian vegetarian food we always come to this place
It's got a good set up with the wall covered with all Bollywood stars from back in the black n white days to date ( I guess ) the soft music is calm n relaxing
Menu is informative with details for that item underwritten
Good presentation of dishes quality and quantity is satisfying
Price is fair too

Meals are all good

1  Thank AamirSK
There are newer reviews for Bollywood Bites

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Bollywood Bites in the Cinemaplex, Nyali, Mombasa has an extensive vegetarian menu. The food we ate was not only delicious but also very cheap, compared to what we had been paying for in the restaurant at the resort we stayed at in Bamburi Beach. We went there for dinner. The wait staff were very attentive and polite. The service was fast and efficient. They also made very delicious yet refreshing fruit juices. I am not a vegetarian but the food I had here was so delicious that I wouldn't mind turning vegetarian if this is what I could eat everyday. This restaurant is definitely worth a visit.

1  Thank aitenshi
Reviewed April 30, 2014

There very few restaurants serving great Indian vegetarian food in Mombasa. Bollywood bites is one in Nyali across the bridge (the other being Chetna on the Island) and is the upmarket one It serves a whole whole range of Indian cuisine from south to north India. Enjoy a movie in the same complex before your meal and see if you can name any of the Indian actors on the wall of the restaurants. The Dosas are especially good. Also another great thing is that the restaurant serves cold beers. Great atmosphere and end the night with a coffee or shisha at the cafe downstairs.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Bollywood Bites does a mean, and by mean I mean amazing, dosa. They have a wide variety and each one I've tried has been excellent. Thursday nights are a great night to experiment, as it's 2-for-1 dosa night. Given their already very reasonable prices, this works out to be quite a deal!

If I were to change anything about the place it would be the atmosphere. It's okay, but walls plastered in Bollywood film stars don't really do it for me and with the high ceilings and spacing of the tables give it a cavernous feel...one that's exacerbated when we go before 8 pm, in which case my husband and I are usually the only ones in there.

If you're in the neighborhood and looking for a great South Indian meal, Bollywood Bites is it.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

We were in Mombasa with some friends for a holiday for a week. We decided to try out this restaurant and I must say, it passed with flying colours. Below are some pointers/facts:

1. No smoking section - unless you step out of the restaurant completely
2. Service is surprisingly good and fast
3. Must try - Chinese Masala Chips - Out of the world!!!
4. SPECIFY (THEY NORMALLY DO NOT ASK AND JUST ASSUME) the Spice levels. Ideally, if you do not have an Indian spice taste, please tell them to make it MILD (NOT Medium - for some it is very spicy)
5. Purely veg - You will only get vegeterian food here. (If you want non-veg indian food in Mombasa look out for my next review for North Indian King of cuisine - Mombasa)
6. Always try 'wet' curries instead of dry. The 'Wet curry' is full of spice and flavors.
7. I found them expensive on quite a few dishes and juices (orange) was not up to the mark.So I settled for Coke!
8. It is not the authentic Indian restaurant - but it is a good concept of creative dishes. Not off the mark but do not judge Indian Mughlai based on the meals at this restaurant...

We really enjoyed a pleasant evening there. Full A/C and smooth tunes complimented a very pleasant evening.

If you are in Mombasa, do give this a try!