“THE BEST !!!”

Mombasa Backpackers
Harrogate
“THE BEST !!!”
Reviewed February 10, 2012

I've travelled to all over the world staying in budget hotels and hostels and I can say hand on heart that Mombasa Backpackers is the nicest and friendliest place I've ever stayed !!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Temse
Reviewed February 9, 2012

I have spend 2 weeks at Msa Backpackers in January and I really enjoyed it. It's a safe place in a secure environment. I travel alone and I never had any issues or problems. There's free wifi, a swimming pool, a nice garden, a tv-room, lot of common area's, ... The food is very good, there's free coffee and thee in the morning, there are bbq's on Fridays, ... The staff is friendly and helpfull. It's an awesome place to meet people and to relax... I'll be back soon! ;)

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed February 8, 2012

I loved the Mombasa Backpackers!

Since this was our first time in Africa, we were somewhat unsure about how backpacker friendly everything would be...

After having spent 10 minutes at the Backpackers, I was in love:) Nice place with a great atmosphere, great pool and garden to hang out, cool owner (who was happy that we brought him German beer:-) ), friendly staff who make great food and really tried to help us out with organizing our trip.

And of course all the lovely surf posters!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 8, 2012

I can't believe some of the negative reviews I've seen on here... Our stay at Mombasa Backpackers was definitely the highlight of our time in Kenya. My friends and I only meant to stay for a few days but ended up staying for nearly 2 weeks! The owners are incredibly laid-back and friendly, and there was always something going on every night. It's the perfect place for younger travellers looking to meet people and have a laugh. I never encountered any issues with safety - the 3 Masaai warriors guarding the gate ensured that (we even made them pancakes for breakfast one morning and they treated us like royalty for the rest of our stay!)!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank EmmaPM
Mbabane, Hhohho, Swaziland
Reviewed February 8, 2012

Very friendly an drelaxed place, lots of young interesting people, great atmosphere. I had the best of times, thanks gyes
Will come around soon..

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed February 6, 2012

After reading some of the reviews from people i was somewhat disheartened, but me and my friends decided to go anyway. Turns out this place is a lovely mansion with a pool, awesome backyard and cool owners and staff.
I have been meaning to write a review for a while because while I was there I there was still construction going on, i left money in my locker and through my paranoia thought one of the workers there had stolen it. After telling the owner he was very shocked and apologetic as this has never happened before, He then offered to pay me back in full for what I said was stolen! Turns out it wasn't stolen and i found it in another part of my backpack (i know i am an idiot). I have never met an owner of a hostel who would willing give his own cash on what someone has said went missing.
Me and my friends had some of the best nights out in Kenya right near the backpackers where they had a club complex. The place did not seem dodgy at all, me and my friends went drinking at night and were walking around, its just like anywhere in Africa, you just have to be smart.
I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone looking for a comfortable stay in Mombasa at very reasonable prices. Cheers for an awesome few days, i will be looking to come back soon.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank James S
Hagen, Germany
Reviewed January 28, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at the mombasa backpackers. I met very nice and funny people and the house is absolutely awesome. It has a swimminpool in the garden and the rooms are always clean. I felt at home and leaving the place was difficult coz i had a very good time there.

to go to Mombasa town is very easy and the beach is nearby. The owners have always time to help you with problems or questions.

When you book a bed at mombasa backpackers, you can be sure to have a really great time and a lot of fun there.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Lulelein
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mombasa
Ziwa Beach Resort
#2 of 58 in Mombasa
Diani Backpackers
Diani Backpackers
#2 of 65 in Diani Beach

Been to Mombasa Backpackers? Share your experiences!