“Professional, safe, and qualified staff paired with curteous, responsive company owners”
Review of Buccaneer Diving

Buccaneer Diving
More attraction details
Owner description: East Africa's premier PADI 5 star IDC dive centre. Offers wreck and many specialty courses. Widest variety of dive sites and very extensive marine life including whalesharks, humpback whales, manta rays and reef sharks.
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I found Buchaneer Diving to be a great diving company. In particular, Haji went out of his way to take care of us. Be sure to ask for Haji.

I dove two consecutive days with two different boat captains. Unfortunately, I do not recall the name of the boat captains. The captain the second day was somewhat discourteous, but this the exception not the norm.

Possibly because there were only two of us diving the second day, but the captain the second day seemed to be in a rush to end the day. For some reason, he kept the boat engine running as my fellow diver tried to get back into the boat. The created a current under the boat and made it difficult for her. She actually received several cuts on her legs from the struggle. She was an experienced diver, a local, and this is her favorite company. So, like I said, I don't think this reflects on the company as a whole.

Overall, I give Buchaneer Diving two thumbs up!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Claudio was quick to respond to my every question over email and phone before the trip. Julia checked in with us before and after our dives and was very sweet and caring. Haji and the rest of the dive team were great out on the water and afterwards in the debrief and beyond. We love this company and highly recommend! Even locals go with Buccanneer so you know they are reputable!

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I did a 3 day diving package and the experience was wonderful, the team at Whitesands Hotel were informative and thorough, they explained the dive sites and their recommendations. The MV Dania was a great wreck dive and seeing Sharks at Shark Point was fabulous. the boat was well maintained and i had the impression this is a tightly run ship. The customer service was great - didn't matter I was the only diver on one of the days, they took me anyway. Haji and Levi are good local dive guides and ensured I saw a lot of sealife. would recommend going with Buccaneer again.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Dive shop is located at the Voyager hotel. They will organize transfers if you're in another hotel. Very friendly and helpful staff, thanx to Nico and Steve! Pre-dive briefings are thorough.

1  Thank whatic
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Having dived for nearly 15 years you know that the most important thing about diving is safety and as soon as I entered the offices of Buccaneer Diving School and they asked to see my PADI ID I knew they were taking this sport seriously; my qualifications were checked online before any dives were even booked or paid for, this has to be a first.

They have a small dedicated team and a good location on the grounds of the Voyager Hotel (review to follow ... ), their premises were being beaten up by a maintenance team when I was there this week, but I'm sure the work will be completed by the time this review is read; in terms of dive masters, I dived with Michael, Hubert, David, Steve and Mohammed, all of whom knew all of the sites well and were great at spotting points of interest.

Did about 8 dives in total, all very interesting, visibility varied from good to fair with medium currents on the reefs; for the advanced open water diver I would recommend doing the wreck dive at 28m, other sites of interest was Shark Point, Mushroom Reef and Kasa Reef.

Spotted about 5 turtles, 2 sharks, an octopus and plenty of interesting fish on all sites.

A good dedicated team overseeing some great dive sites, would highly recommend.

Thanks would also need to go to the dive boat crews.

1  Thank JimmyThePea