“Greate services and fun”

Wildlife Sun Safaris
Ranked #19 of 91 Tours in Mombasa
More attraction details
Owner description: Organized and guided trips to wildlife parks,conservation tours,cultural tours,beach holidays,dolphin tours,Mountain climbing/trekking,horse riding tours and luxury safaris. Offers flexibility to satisfy our clients expectations.We are based in Mombasa and Nairobi.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I selected Wildlife Sun Safaris out of a dozen agencies whom I contacted over the KATO website. Mr James was very kind and patient and provided the itinerary, recommendations and price of the best. From our arrival to departure everything was as planned or beyond. We were lucky to have Mwaruma as our driver for the whole 9 days trip, across 5 majoy parks all over Kenya. He was a nice man, always smiling and looking for the best for you. As a professional Safari driver for over 10 years he never uses a map inside the parks or on the motor ways. And he has friends everywhere so that he can easily get news and directions on the radio and take us to the rare animals as soon as they are spotted. He can find a leopard or warthog 200 meters away over the bush without trouble, then tell us to look at the direction using binorculares.
And the lodges were a gread joy of this trip. I selected them based on reviews on tripadvisor, and Mr James managed to book all that I wanted. Many of them have the view, food, furniture of the best kind. You just need to understand some of them are located deep inside the park and have limited electricity and hot water.
This was a great trip and Kenya is surely one of the places you must go in your life!

All reviews
in 34 reviews
in 5 reviews
in 3 reviews

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Without exaggeration, Wildlife Sun gave us one of the most incredible experiences of our life! James Mwalata is a kind and honest man. He met us at our hotel, quoted us a very fair price, and collected a deposit (they must purchase park tickets & supplies in advance). He arrived early on our scheduled day, and off we went. Our soft-spoken driver, Shem, was friendly and excellent at his trade. We only had time to do a one day trip, and thanks to Shem's expertise, we saw oddles of wildlife: antelope, ostriches, eagles, warthogs, a variety of birds, buffalo, giraffes, zebras, elephants, and lions. Driving the savanah w/the top up, wind in your hair, witnessing nature do its things was absolutely exhilarating. If you have a chance to do a safari, even if only for the day, do it! And if in Mombasa, do Tsavo East w/Wildlife Sun. You wont regret it!

Reviewed February 5, 2013

I booked a trip with Wildlife Sun Safaris after reading consistently good reviews on Trip Advisor. We had booked our holiday through Virgin and the safari privately so I felt a little apprehensive on arrival as the hotel receptionist and the driver that had picked us had not seemed to have heard about Sun Safaris and responded to news of our booking with relatively negative body language. Combining this with James' low prices and relaxed informal approach I began to worry that perhaps I had made a mistake. How wrong I was.

James arrived promptly at 5am just to introduce us to our driver and ensure we were happy with the day ahead. Our driver, Mr Toya, was not only extremely knowledgeable about the many animals and birds in Tsavo East but after realising we were interested, explained many things about Kenyan history and politics.
We were the only people in the van that day so were spoilt with space and time to stop and start as many times and as pointlessly as we liked. The view from where we had lunch was breathtaking.
Wildlife Sun Safaris is by far the cheapest company and I do not feel we could have had a better day if we had spent any more money.
To ensure this review is balanced I will also comment on the negatives: we stopped just outside the park gates for "coffee and the loo" however I feel it was in order for us to buy something from the shop there. In fairness the woodwork was beautiful but the salesman told me it was wholesale and it would be far more expensive to buy it from outside the gates where everyone was selling things. There were no people selling things outside the park gates. However since that is the only negative I can think of is what Kenya bases most of its income around, I think that is pretty good!
Going back to my apprehension at the beginning of the review, I realise now that the driver picking us up from the airport worked for Rhino safaris and that Virgin Holidays and the Hotel we stayed at all recommended Rhino safaris, hence their negative response to a competitor....

Reviewed December 18, 2012

James was very patient in the helping me plan this trip as I had to cancel a few times due to work issues. He put together a well-planned adventure with the most excellent driver, Jones, who was very patient and informed on all matters in Kenya - his knowledge and ability to spot animals from miles away was something to be admired. Wildlife Sun Safari was by far the best priced of the few companies I spoke with and I would recommend them to anyone who wants to experience Kenya.

See more reviews
Reviewed March 18, 2012

We were a group of ten people, ages between 20 and 50, who wanted a safe but still adventurous holiday (10 days). James and his Wildlife Sun Safari crew waited for us at Kenyatta and escorted us safely through the beautiful highlands of western Kenya. From exciting game drives under Masai Mara's blazing sun, to chilly early morning hiking trips on the roof of Kakamega rainforest. A handful of resorts within a wide range of styles and quality, but never in a bad term. My experience was; the smaller place the better food, cleaner beds and nicer clientel, like Kiboko Bay Resort by Lake Victoria (Kisumu), where the charming local kids fetched water in the morning and the hippos grassed at night, or Rondo Retreat Centre in Kakamega. This one-of-a-kind place, situated in the middle of the worlds smallest rain forest is so relaxingly beautiful, you forget the non-existence of Tusker beer (because this originally is a recreation-centre for believers). But for sure, other people would appreciate the more conventional resorts with swimming pools and huge buffets, like the Sopa Lodge by Lake Naivasha, where we sun-bathed side by side with giraffes and flocks of waterbucks. James (manager), Shem (driver) and Peter (driver) were the kindest persons on earth, really, you can't get any better. With loads of local knowledge (animals, culture, geography) and a good sense of humor, they really opened up for great intellectual discussions and even greater laughs. Still, if you just want to sleep in the back seat (to the extent possible on some of Kenyas roads), they'll for sure drive you as quiet and safe as possible (ofcourse waking you up if they spot a Leopard) to the next resort. If challenges occur, or you just want to change your plans for the day, these guys really do what they can to find your best solution. We ended up being one big happy family of thirteen. You're gonna cry when they drop you off on the airport.