“Roadside Bar”

Ranked #77 of 145 Restaurants in Mombasa
Cuisines: African
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Mikaye is an authentic fusion restaurant,the food is essentially a fusion of African food with touches of international cuisine.Mikaye ‘an honorable woman’ in dholuo sets the guideline for the restaurant-entailing good food, admirable service, great ambience hence a formidable culinary experience.The décor of the restaurant is modern with strong African influences.
Reviewed January 9, 2013

located in a very convenient place on the roadside just a few hundred metres from nyali cinemax, all varieties of alcoholic drinks available and the grilled food is amazing, try grilled pork with kachumbari...

Reviewed November 21, 2012

The 2 dishes and side dish we had here weren't bad. They just had no flavour. The only thing that tasted of anything was the shot glass of green chilli sauce. That was delicious. Everything else was totally bland.

To sum it all up. Average food, average service and average prices. We won't be returning.

1  Thank Chookmeister69
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Mikaye Restaurant has the most delicious African food available on the coast .The ambiance is great with beautiful decor that's simply stylish.The restaurant also has a small lovely bar as well.We recommend the fish, pork chops, lamp chops, the millet.

1  Thank DuaraSafaris
Reviewed July 6, 2012

When this restaurant first opened, it was just the place to be if you wanted to eat some local fare without going to a food kiosk. Service was good and the food was excellent at a very fiar price. Today, this is not the case. Service sucks and the food is not too great.

I went for dinner a few days ago with 2 members of my family. My mother ordered the tilapia, my cousin the biriani and I the chicken in coconut. It took more than 75 minutes for our food to arrive and when it did, it was lukewarm. We had cub waiter, Daniel, serving us and he probably was the only good thing about our visit there as he was very eager to please.

The food was okay....nothing to write home about. However we all spent the next few days not venturing too far from the house due to our upset tummies. This was rather upsetting as my family was in Mombasa on holiday and didn't get to enjoy it at all. Lesson learned....I shall not be eating at this restaurant as I am probably safer at a kiosk.

Another terrible thing about this restaurant is the fact that the barman waters down the drinks. If you sit at the bar and watch him closely you should catch him very cleverly not completely emptying the water from the shot glass before he measures out the drinks.

Plus they really need to reconsider the deejay- the music he plays is too loud so you can barely have a decent conversation over dinker or drinks.

3  Thank Angelicdisgrace
Reviewed February 9, 2012

If you want to experience qulaity local food in a clean environment, then this is an ideal place. I drop for a meal when in Mombasa. I also like their unique furniture! Quite cozy too>