See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 26, 2017 via mobile

Sai Rock was a great place for us to spend part of our holiday there. We were a group of 11. Three were under 12 years of age & 4 teanagers. The hotel had two swimming pools, one was devided to accommodate infants and the other a "serious" adult pool. There was poolside DJ playing music of your choice all day. We have him our USB stick & he played our songs also. They had a large bar with two pool tables and a very large comfortable lounge with cable TV. The dining room was huge and the breakfast and meals were fantastic. Evening entertainment was superb with the local Masai dancers. Reminded me of Tarzan. The hotel grounds were maintained well and kept clean. They even had a huge cage with chickens, peacock and rabits where children were kept entertained as they, and adults, could take a tour/walk through the cage. The rooms were great, clean and had hot and cold water. They had mosquito net on each bed and also a fan. The room had cable TV​and a loaded fridge. The room service was very prompt and our view looked over the family swimming pool and the Indian Ocean with its shining white hotel beach. We all have it a 10 out of 10. Kudos from UK.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed April 25, 2017

Fortunately, my stay was only one night. The shower was a mere drip and the hot water didn't work. The bathrooms are old and very basic. The bed sheets were stained (yikes) and also for some reason didn't cover the whole mattress. I hate to waste food, but the breakfast was even lacking in terms of taste and quality -- even the tea. I told our travel agent that our organization is not to use this place in the future. Everything needs improvement, sadly. On the plus side the A/C kept the room cool at night for sleeping.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank D L
Reviewed April 19, 2017

I just completed a 3 nights business trip and stayed at Sai Rock hotel and spa. I had been booked in a hotel in town but preferred to change my booking to off town. For the price it was value for money I was booked B&B. The rooms are spacious, clean and tidy The staff especially at the reception was very friendly and accommodating. The biggest draw back is the hotel maintenance department the hotel finishing and maintenance lacks that fine touch that is present in other hotels. Signs of unfinished renovations and ongoing works are all over. completed renovations are eye sores e.g poor installation of A/C's and plumbing in the rooms poorly finished sinks, ill fitted and rusted room windows. Though NOT glaring this small defects leave a lot to be desired and are an eye sore. The grounds are poorly maintained, gardens need manicures etc. I upgraded to their deluxe rooms and had to change the room 3 times since the A/C in the first 2 rooms were not working (the magnificent morning view from the deluxe room compensated for the trouble).
I commend the front office staff for their cooperation and friendliness they changed the rooms until I was satisfied . I had an late flight and was allowed a late check out of 3.00 pm thanks ladies. The menu (breakfast was very limited and wanting I wonder how their full board menu is. Overall the hotel is conveniently and well located, next to the beach , beautiful views of the ocean, decent rooms, great friendly staff but poorly maintained. . Not a place to holiday for long but okay for stop over. Tony

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms -great a sea view, poor wifi connection.Confirm A/C is working. Standard rooms spacious with better wifi and quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank tkariri
Reviewed March 19, 2017

If you are completely out of options, then book into Sai Rock.

I mean, who doesn't serve water in a dispenser during breakfast? That you have to buy water. And after I asked for the water, it took 20 minutes to deliver.

We were 2 families booked in adjacent rooms. In the adjacent room, the shower was not working - dispensing only HOT water. House keeping was not helping either. Guess what, the maintenance crew checks in to do the plumbing works before we check out messing the entire place.

Let's just say, the only thing to hold on to is the beach location with less crowded swimming pools.

Cheap is expensive.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed November 21, 2016

The location (right on the beach) was perfect but the rooms left too much to be desired. There was no water until we asked. When it came it had a pungent smell. It had an A/C but it could not be regulated. The beds are too hard.The bathrooms have no ventilation-you can imagine the level of humidity in coast plus heat from showers. A visit to the apartments will leave you completely heartbroken. The WiFi doesn't work. Don't bother.

Room Tip: As for a sea view room. Dont ask for an apartment!!!
  • Stayed: September 2016, traveled as a couple