Sai Rock Beach Hotel & Spa
$200
Agoda.com
$118
  • Pool
PrideInn Express Nyali(Mombasa)(Great Value!)
$66
$56
Priceline
$126
$42
$110
$105
All reviewsbuffet packageswimming poolshort staypoolsideuk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 2, 2011

I went to this hotel to ask for the rooms, and my husband stayed in car with our son, because iam local, the security blocked me off and said i was not allowed in, when i asked why, he said, they dont entertain local ladies, i told him...i was there with my husband and, iam a woman...who is married...( until i said to a white man) then he said that fine then..i was very upset...when i asked at the reception for the room, they told me..there are no rooms...when i asked another person, she said, yes they have lots of rooms but they wont let me pay for it since i was black lady...i understand maybe they have problems with girls a bout..but i dont think, that was the way to tackle the situation.when my husband went to ask for the room, they said yes..he told them, just what he thought of them, speak of being discriminated in your onw country with your own peopl...

Room Tip: They are rude and they discriminate local residents.
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank spaintracyp
Reviewed April 8, 2011

I stayed here for business and often enough work picks a good place for us. Unfortunately, this hotel isn't below par when it comes to certain things. I do understand it's a developing country, but after talking to the locals here - this place is a ripoff. I didnt have sheets on my first night and just slept over the bed cover.

They charge $300 shillings for internet when the website states $200 - so the hotel like to skim off the top. But that's even if you get an access code to get on the internet. The chances are low when it's the beginning of the week. Also you have to stay in the lobby on the gross stinky sofas to surf the web. There's no internet access in your rooms!!

The wait staff are friendly however they never remember if you paid them. I had 2 wait staff people harass me about services I already paid for the NEXT DAY!

There's construction going on in the main part of the hotel so be prepared to be woken up at 7 AM.

The food is awesome though - they have a real chinese chef in the back and so dinner was totally worth it. If I come back, I would not stay here though....There are too many complications on top of traveling in the developing country - there's no need to over complicate arrangements with a crappy hotel.

Room Tip: Go to white sand hotel!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank global_trekkerNYC
Reviewed December 23, 2010

For Holiday makers,- Sairock Hotel will be one of most wonderful and relaxing place to be.
Just to mention a few, their buffet had a rich delicious menu,rooms well cleaned,garden perfectly done. On health and fitness -the gym,sauna, steam bath was perfect. Swimming pool was well cleaned with a full time pool attendant.On the kids area,Sairock kept kids into consideration- (Where a bouncing castle is-kids wouldn't like to live that area).

For Conference Facilities- I saw their conference facility which can fit more than 800 guest.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend you to the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Bet5
Reviewed July 22, 2010

hotel fine,food a bit limited.lovely beach a little dirty and plenty of beach sellers, which was fun.my partner owns abig gym and loves the gym and was very impressed with the new instructer,steve he was very knowlegable,would go far here in our country. animated good, did feel sorry for hm standing in the rain,yes it rained alot so if you like a lot of sun this is not the time to travel. just try and remember you are in a third world country ,so the standards are different than europe,and have a thought for those that have nothing.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 30, 2010

I stayed at Sai Rock for 1 week in August 2009 with the family.

The first impressions of the hotel seem good but these impressions ill disappear after 5 minutes. We stayed in one of their family suites - apparently their best rooms. Space wise is great in the room, which has a kingsize bed, lounge area, large balcony and good-sized bathroom. The lounge area also has a flat-screen tv and a much-needed air conditioning unit. However, we quickly found out that the TV, even though it was working, was not picking up any channels! The air-conditioning unit kept on leaking throughout my entire stay - they would fix it eventually, and then it would start again the following day. The icing on the cake had to be the bathroom and in particular the shower - the water would change within a second from ice-col to boiling hot. It would never stay at any temperature in between these two.

Like my title says, the best part of the hotel was the food which was faultless. Great quality and amazing taste. Like a previous reviewer mentioned, we saw the chef on a daily basis and it is very reassuring and pleasant to see a chef so proud in his work, and when you taste the food any praise you give him is not enough. It is that good.

A great thing about the hotel is its location - it is near the Sarova WhiteSands Hotel which is about 5 minutes walk along the beach. When my family joined me, we would literally use the Sai Rock for food and sleeping only - any other time we would be at the Whitesands. Where the Sai Rock was ghostly due to there being virtually no-one at the hotel (sensible people), the Whitesands was buzzing every day and every night. An amazing atmosphere and highly enjoyable. Apart from us staying at Sai Rock, the only other people we saw were local prostitutes using the hotel as their base. I know they were prostitutes only because the staff told me! (and not any other reason).

In short, only stay at Sai Rock if, like me, you received a complimentary stay (perks of my work). Otherwise, most definitely stay at Whitesands.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business