“Incredible Experience - Jamming with Stanley and the lions...”

African Memorable Safaris
Ranked #4 of 87 Tours in Mombasa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: A private Africa Safari holiday company offering Kenya Safari Tour from Mombasa and Nairobi to our world class national parks in Kenya and Tanzania.
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We did a 2 day, 1 night Tsavo East safari with African Memorable in September 2012. Jennifer arranged the trip hastily and at an extremely reasonable price, picking us up from our hostel early in the morning and packing us off with our guide, Stanley.

Great few days, the charismatic Stanley was very accommodating and his musical talents impressive. The safari lodge was brilliant, good food, clean comfy beds and a stellar view of the watering hole. Would definitely recommend the company, only regret is that we didn't have more time to venture further into the park.

Dave and Andy

1  Thank JHitchco

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I chose African Memorable Safaris for 3 reasons:

Excellant reviews on here - Always check Tripadvisor before booking anything and their reviews are fantastic.

Great website - has prices and full safari details on it, no need to email back and forward asking for details or prices.

Customer Service - Contacted AMS a few times prior to booking and got a prompt, friendly and very professional response from Jennifer. We even changed our safari a day before going, not a problem.

The price is also as good as any other that I saw but this was the reason for booking and was very pleased that I did so.

We were picked up on time by our excellant guide Bonnie (sorry if I spelt your name wrong, thats how we spell it in Scotland!!). Bonnie explained exactly what we would be doing up front and made us very comfortable in the safari van.

Once we got to Tsavo East (and also Tsavo West), OMG, Bonnie not only spotted everthing but knew everything about all the animals we saw. This goes for small animals and birds too. He was also tuned into the radio to give us the best chance of seeing everything we could.

We saw almost everthing, even a Rhino. We had such a good time and put this down to the brilliant planning and effort from the company and Bonnie.

Our lodgings were very nice, we went to the Ngulia lodge which was awesome.

We recommended AMS to another couple back at our hotel (Mnarani) as we know they will have a great time. We had left by the time they went on safari but are quite sure they will have have an amazing safari.

If you are comparing companies (as I did) then be sure this is a completely trustable, dedicated and friendly choice and request Bonnie as he is awesome. The reviews on Tripadvisor speak for themselves. We wish we could do it all again.

2  Thank BristolCelt
Reviewed February 5, 2013

It was cool that Jennifer managed to arrange one for me in a span of 7 hours, and on a Sunday at that.

African Memorable Safaris is not really a big shot in the safari biz, but the dedication of the guide made sure my trip to Tsavo was special. He tried to find a lion for me, and even if I almost surrendered, he persisted, and we managed to find one, which the other tour groups started to go to.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

We booked a 2 day Tsavo East and West safari on the internet with Jennifer at Memorable Safaris. From first contact to completion of the safari they were faultless.
I had taken my husband to Kenya for his 60th birthday and from our pickup from our hotel on the beach at 5 am on the Wednesday to being dropped off again at 8pm on the Thursday it was brilliant.
Bonnie our driver was fun, knowledgeable and most of all an accomplished driver, vital for the traffic in Mombasa and on the country roads and park tracks.
We were lucky enough to have the van just for the 2 of us and saw more animals than we had hoped for.
The stay in the Saltlick Lodge was a unique experience.
We believe the company will organise other excursions and would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone travelling to Kenya.

1  Thank Valda M
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Jennifer was recommended by friends. Very good contact since our first e-mail, through feedbacks by phone and sms, up to final e-mail. Excellent English, smiling and proffesional service. Everything went so smoothly. Jennifer simply knows we have vacation and we just deserve very, very good service. And she gives this to us. Safari in Royal Mara Safari Lodge was more than we expected: many positive surprises. Jennifer, I wish you having such a good vacation one day as we had thanks to you.