“3 day 2 night savo experience”

African Memorable Safaris
Ranked #2 of 92 Tours in Mombasa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: A private Africa Safari holiday company offering Kenya Safari Tour from Mombasa and Nairobi to our world class national parks in Kenya and Tanzania.
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I can not recommend this company enough. They were supreme from start to finish. I organised proposing to my now finance during the trip and the whole experience was handled with care. While we were driving i could not help but notice everyone else crammed into a van pushing past each other for a view while myself and my partner had the van to our selves. The driver (Boni) was extremely friendly and knowledge and always tried his best to provide us with the experience of a life time. He was constantly on the radio when we asked to see a cheetah or lion and always delivered on his promise. This company is by far the best safari company i have had the pleasure to deal with and not if but when we go back to kenya i am in no doubt on where to go for another safari experience

All reviews
"city tour"
"jennifer"
in 97 reviews

Reviewed January 12, 2013

We booked a one day game drive to Tsavo Park as Mombasa was a port of call on a recent cruise. The price with African Memorable Safaris was affordable (we had a group of 6). I picked this company because Jennifer was the first to respond to my e-mail query and because the reviews on Tripadvisor were good. The entire experience was 100 percent professional - we were picked up at the pier and brought back in plenty of time to catch the ship. The park is definitely worth seeing and cruise passengers do not need to worry about their safety or getting back in time when booking with a private company such as African Memorable Safaris.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I had written to many safari organizers but none reliable organizer seemed to be able to organize a safari for me because I was travelling alone. Then I contacted Jennifer and she didn't hesitate at all. Already on the next day as I e-mailed her, she wrote to me that she had got another client, so I would be able to make the safari with him. Later on we got a third one to join us. And she really made efforts to get me the lodges I prefered. Once she lost her patience with me because I was asking so many questions, but afterall she was very kind and helpful. We had a very good driver, though he wasn't very good guide, seemed not so keen in his job and neglected my wishes a couple of times so I couldn't get pictures of giraffes. After arrival back to Mombasa Jennifer immediately called and talked to everyone of us just to get know how our safari was :) She really took good care of us. And now that I'm back at home I've already recommended AMS and Jennifer to some friends who are going to make safaris in the near future in Kenya from Mombasa.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

We've travelled to Kenya in December 2012 and we've booked a safari with African Memorable Safaris via Internet - about a month before the trip. From the beginning contact with Jennifer was spot on - she has answered all the questions we had and I never had to wait for a reply too long. We have arranged a meeting after our arrival to pay a deposit and then we've paid the rest on the day of the trip. We have chosen a 2 day safari to Tsavo East. From our hotel in Diani Beach it was about 3 hour drive. We've arrived at Tsavo East at 10am, there was only one stop on the way. It was supposed to take 40mins, but our driver & guide, Bonnie, was very flexible and we've left after about 20 mins. There was only 4 of us in the minibus - all from one party, so we could decide on what we want to do. The lodge we stayed at - Voi Safari Lodge - had an amazing view - we were stunned when we walked in to the room. Food was also very good, nothing to complain about. Our guide was fantastic, he's been trying really hard and he was doing everything, so we could see as many aniumals as possible. We started off after lunch earlier then everyone else and thanks to that we were able to be the first to see the lions. It was the same the next day, when we left for a pre-breakfast game drive, when we've spotted a male lion, which has stopped just next to our bus for a few moments and then disappeared in the bushes - no one else has seen it after. It was an absolutely amazing experience to see all these animals in their natural habitat and so close you could almost touch them (if you could!). The only animal from the Big Five, which we haven't seen was a rhino - but as we've found out there are very few in Tsavo East, so if you want to see them, you need to choose a safari which also covers Tsavo West.

I can recommend this company without any hesitation. Another advantage is that you have all the prices listed on the website - you can pay in dollars, pound, euro - you name it. And they are much cheaper than beach boys - who will promise to have the best prices.

1  Thank grenadine
See more reviews
Reviewed December 15, 2012

We went on safari with African Memorable Safaris december 2012. We ordered the trip via internet, and Jennifer impressed us with superb corresponance time, excellent information and good communication! I had already been in contact with several other safari operators, but the choice was easy after writing with Jennifer.

Stanley, our driver, had great knowledge of the terrain and the animals, was an excellent musician (Yes-he brought his own guitar, and we got a privat mini-concert at the foot of Kilimanjaro. Beat that!!) and did all he could so that we would see as many different species as possible! Just one short of the Big-Five!. Definately not Stanleys foult though :) The rhino needs to work on its social skills..

I can higly recommend this company and had nothing but positive experiences from beginning to the end. It was above all expectations!

Kristin and Csiga

1  Thank Kristin M
Memorableafrica, Manager at African Memorable Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Above all expectations!
Its our pleasure that you were happy with our services from our email communication as well as the safari. through your review we now know that indeed it was 'above expectations', thank you for rating us on tripadvisor.
We would love to keep it this way, offering the best to our clients.