“Good food and wine”

Ranked #2 of 142 Restaurants in Mombasa
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 29, 2013

The restaurant is classy and has a great view of the ocean. Even though we got there too late for lunch, the chef did agree to cook us a meal, which was delectable. The wine was a great accompaniment to the seafood

Reviewed October 28, 2013

For a treat, a real must. I have been travelling to Mombassa for years, and always get a trip in to have the crab.
Seafood to die for.
Excellent views, bookings necessary.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I have heard of this restaurant as being the best seafood place for years and had not gone until 2 nights ago. Thus the expectations were high. I was going to eat the best seafood in Mombasa.
The Tuna Sachimi starter was good and they made it half half the normal version and spicy version as per my request and it was excellent. Tasty and well presented.

Then as I normally do on my trips to Mombasa I ordered the grilled lobster, medium size. I got 3 halves which looked delicious but when eating them they where what i call average. Thus not catch of the day cooked to perfection. They where good but I have eaten better in two different restaurants I have reviewed on tripadvisor in Mombasa. The waiters were good, the menu spread excellent. The wine-list a bit limited with too many South African wines. I went for the Chilean White Chardonnay which was good but not chilled enough before served initially.

The dessert I had was the normal crepe suzette which was a bit to soaked in the sauce.

The scenery is nice and so is the breeze except to say that you will get the foul smell from the harbour every now and then which of course can put some people of eating food. I consider though the restaurant layout to be more of a lunch catering place than an up scale cosy restaurant.(which Nairobi Tamarind is)

I would go back but I would have a chat with the chef before to make sure I get the excellent food Tamarind is known for. I have tried the one in Nairobi and the food there was by far better.

I surely would not agree with someone rating it the full 5 points for excellent. I would attribute such to the expectation of it being good rather than the actual situation.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

My husband and I were on holiday in Mombasa and came here for dinner. Absolutely amazing !
Best sea food and great service
Tamarind never dissapoints

Reviewed September 8, 2013

A sumptuous meal on a traditional dhow - serenaded by a band of local musicians and eating delicious seafood while the dhow meandered around the harbour