“A place to celebrate ocassions”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Tamarind Mombasa

Tamarind Mombasa
Ranked #2 of 133 Restaurants in Mombasa
Cuisines: African, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Scenic view, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“A place to celebrate ocassions”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

A great birthday surprise my wife had planed for me truly a place to be to celebrate any occasion. Ever smiling helpful staff/waiters

Visited March 2013
1 Thank AamirSK
labinaNairobi, Director of Sales at Tamarind Mombasa, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Tamarind Mombasa

We are delighted you enjoyed your surprise birthday experience and we thank you for posting your kind remarks.

We have shared your review with our team, who will be really motivated to continue with their good work.

Once again, many thanks for the feedback and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
mombasa
“Be adventurous”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

Tamarind have consistency , but their menu is dated boring and overpriced. It's more of a status symbol than food or quality standard by any means . The embience is good but I go for a good meal and expect satisfaction which the ostrich and oysters will give me but the price I pay doesn't justify the meal at all. Once a yearis plenty , the dhows a ripoff

Lillestrom, Norway
“A must-eat seafoodpalace!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

Tamarind in Mombasa is situated in Nyali, just north of mombasa island. The restaurant is placed close to the water, so you have a beautiful view when eating(ask for a table with seaview).
They specialice in seafood, and Oh my do they do it well!! Tons of delicious, mouthwatering dishes; starters, maincourses and deserts! Can highly recommend any starter with crab, and for maincourse either the swahililobster(AMAZING) or the seafoodplatter. We chose to share two maincourses last year, since it was so hard to choose. This year as well.
For desert I had the triple creme brulè and it was a party in my mouth!! :D
We sat at the table for about 4hours and the service was perfect.
The whole feast costed 13.000ksh = ca.910 nok = ca.152 $

• Visited February 2013
labinaNairobi, Director of Sales at Tamarind Mombasa, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to post such a wonderful review about Tamarind Mombasa.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your meal and were pleased with the quality and level of our food and service. Your positive remarks will be shared with our staff, who will be inspired and encouraged to maintain and improve our culinary standards.

We thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
“A perfect retreat for business or pleasure within easy reach of Mombasa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

Following a local recommendation, I chose to stay at Tamarand Village rather than at my usual location, WhiteSands. And following four days and three nights, I believe that my decision was justified!

All spacious apartments face the wonderful Mombasa Harbour and as the rooms are apartments, there is more of a 'homely' feel rather than just another room in another African hotel.

I did not manage to get to eat dinner on the famous Dow unfortunately due to an apparent lack of bookings, but I did eat dinner in the Tamarind Restauant and the food was esquisite! I had the delicious locally caught lobster the first time and then probably the best prawn curry that I have ever tasted the second time round!

If I had to be honest, the hotel could do with better signage as it took me a good two days to work my way around the complicated maze of corridors to find where reception was and where breakfast was located. The continental breakfast that I chose was rather limited, but with a little bit more care and attention, this could be there perfect location for a breakfast meeting. There is wifi throughout the village and whilst it was not the best Wifi that I have experienced within Africa, it was adequate for what I needed to do.

I need to be in Mombasa at least twice more this year and shall certainly be using the Tamarind!

melbourne
“excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

My daughter used Lonely planet to find this gem..We arrived for lunch and were disappointed when we found all seafood, being vegetarian. Not a problem, they gave us a vegetarian menu.Food was superb, fresh and delicious. Service was impeccable and we were made to feel like royalty. Prices were higher than most local restaurants but food was amazing and worth it. We shared entree and mains and was filling. The view is incredible and the afternoon was a 'timeout' from the bustle of Mombasa..would recommend to anyone.

• Visited February 2013