“Amazing Location, Fantastic Centre,Great Kiting= Happy Days!”
Review of Airborne Kite Centres - CLOSED

Airborne Kite Centres
Reviewed January 6, 2012

I spent 12 weeks doing a Zero to Hero Course with Airborne in 2011 and had an incredible time! On first arrival the location of the Zanzibar Kite Centre is breathtaking,a coconut tree lined white sand beach and turquoise blue flat lagoon in front of the centre which is perfect for beginners with the back drop of the waves breaking on the reef further out to sea. The centre is very well run and full of friendly staff and the tuition I got was extremely professional and I really progressed my riding further than I would have ever thought possible. I think this was down mainly to such a world class kiting location with safe consistent wind and the instruction I had. The traditional African fishing village of Paje is beautiful, about an hours drive across the island from the airport and capital (Stone Town) it's a slow paced and very relaxed dwelling and the locals are all very friendly and really teach you what life should be about, simplicity and Hakuna matata spirit (it means no worries). Its definitely a safe place and I never felt uncomfortable, even walking around at night. If you are looking for a Kiting holiday to progress your riding accompanied with a good dollop of culture on the side then really look no further. The Centre also offer regular downwinders and have plenty of trips going on for those occasional no wind days so your always entertained. If you are just looking to get into kiting like I was then I would definitely recommend Paje and Airborne as THE place to go! I am definitely returning next year as I have fallen in love with the place!Hopefully see you there, Jeremy!

There are newer reviews for Airborne Kite Centres
Reviewed July 18, 2011

This June 2011 I went back to Airborne Kite Centre after having been there 6 months before.
What was planned to be a 9 day trip, turned out to be 22 days, which probably says it all...
As a second time visitor, I can compare Airborne with the other kite centers along the Paje coastline: If you are a total novice, if you reached a certain level and want to improve, if you're looking for kite adventures never to forget, Airborne is definitely the place to be.
It is by far the most professional center in Paje, you are well received, your gear is well looked after and stored, you're taught by IKO licensed instructors, you pay correct prices.
Airborne management is great, the people in the center are your family, i will be back, for sure.
Tip: Always properly clean your wounds when cutting yourself on the coral! :-)

Reviewed February 17, 2011

At their Paje Zanzibar center ask for payment in advance , then despite promises otherwise chooses to ignore request for a refund if the course is canceled.
I highly recommend you complete the course first. or better still look elsewhere for a more professional approach.
Br warned about commission they earn on the meals and hotels they encourage you book through them.
You have been warned...

2  Thank clearcall
AirborneKiteCentres, Owner at Airborne Kite Centres, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2012

To all our future clients I would like to hereby confirm that we do indeed expect payment in advance for all courses conducted through our kite centres.

I will personally guarantee that you will not find a more professional approach in East Africa towards what we do and what we offer because we believe in our product and services.

Please note, should you not complete a full course you have been booked in for, for whatever the reason may be, we will charge on an hourly rate for the lesson time spent with us. We have a strict policy here which works both ways and we will always refund in accordance with this policy.

With regard to 'commissions' we earn, once again I will not dispute this. We work in the hospitality industry and anyone with any knowledge thereof will understand that when we refer our clients to certain accommodations that we work together with we get a small commission for the time and effort spent organising this. On that note we would never charge more than if you, the client, were to contact our partners directly! We consider this a service we offer to our clients to guarantee satisfaction, ease of booking, and the best value for money that you can get as our clients. If anything, we are more likely to pass on our 'special rates' to our clients if they are looking at longer term accommodation and according to what courses/trips you plan to book through us directly. Not to mention that booking through us guarantees the booking and the best possible rooms available as we personally look into this for you.

Regarding meals, I am not entirely sure of what you mean by this as we do not deal with food directly and if we are to organise a group dinner somewhere on occasion for our clients this is to encourage a group and more social atmosphere and is certainly no money making event! On that note we often get group discounts here which, if so, we obviously happily pass on to our clients!

Thank you 'clear call' for your not very objective comments.

To any of our future clients we look forward to welcoming you, and kiting with you, in our beautiful part of the world!:)