“Amazing safari holiday”

Wildlife Kenya Safaris - Day Trips
More attraction details
Owner description: Wildlife Kenya Safaris has built a reputation as one of East Africa's premier safari tour operator. Being a specialist operator, we cater for both private and corporate sectors specializing in the design of tailor-made safari itineraries for individuals and groups throughout Kenya and Tanzania. We undertake all facets of tailor-made Safari/travel, special interest holidays, incentives, conferences and event planning, from travel arrangements to media liaison and leisure time activities. Our website gives all the details that you need to choose the safari and beach holiday of your choice.Telephone or E-mail us and our helpful staff (Antony Musyoka and others) will be glad to assist you in planning your forthcoming safari and beach holiday to Kenya and Tanzania.Thank you for your interest in Wildlife Kenya Safaris.
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Amazing safari holiday”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We wanted to go on a safari years ago but the cost was a bit out of reach. I then decided to browse tripadvisor to read other travellers experience and from the excellent reviews given to Wildlife Kenya Safaris I decided to email the company. Antony the owner replied to my request the following day with itinerary for Kenya and Tanzania. I told Antony we would like to stay in tented camps as we have never experienced camps before. I told Antony to choose tents and lodges in the Sopa budget range and he organised everything for us. I travelled with my husband and sister so we got 2 tents and 2 rooms and everthing was so well organised from the day we landed 19 Dec 2012 to the day we left 30 Dec 2012. We had our own private vehicle, a van in Kenya and a 4WD in Tanzania.

I like other travellers to know that is safe to wire transfer deposit payment so Antony can secure accomodation for the trip. I also wired transfer balance of trip payment a week before departure as I did not want to carry so much cash with me. Please rest assured that you will be picked up from the airport. Never once were we made to feel unsafe or in any kind of danger. Our drivers/guides were all very professional.

Martin picked us up from the airport and he was our driver/guide for the 1st leg of our journey. First stop was Lake Nakuru National Park. It was a good introduction being our 1st safari. We did not know what to expect and we were pleasantly surprised with the animals and birds and our tents. We were surprised as to how clean and immaculate the Flamingo Hill Tented Camp were. We stayed in the very last tent and my sister's was the 2nd last. Food was great with lots of choice. In fact we love all the food served to us on our trip, I mean who would believe we put on weight whilst on safari in Africa.

The standard of accomodation were all good. We love Ngorongoro Sopa Lodge the best. We stayed there for Christmas and Boxing Day. The hotel put on a free cocktail hour before dinner on both days and watch a Maasai dance as well. When we returned to our rooms after dinner a gift was left on the table for us.

We love Masai Mara the best and we plan to return in a couple of years time. Martin is very passionate about the Mara and he recommended that we visit Tsavo and perhaps Samburu if we do return.

Hopefully we will be able to save up enough for a return trip soon and we will ask Antony to organise our trip again.

6 Thank Soo001

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bangor, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Tsavo East and Saltlick Lodge in the Taita Hills”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We went on a 1 night / 2 day safari to Tsavo East and Saltlick Lodge in the Taita Hills with wildlife kenya safaris, asTsavo is one of the biggest game reserves in Africa we knew that the animals would be a bit more widespread than the much smaller masai mara which we have visited before, well we did see a small mixture of animals in Tsavo, a lot of elephants mainly althought great to see them it got a little boring after a while, we saw a family of emus, a hippo in a lake and a few baboons, that was about it so after travelling for 3 hours we left the park at voi gate where we had lunch over looking the park which was awrsum. After that we travelled a further 2 hours to Saltlick Lodge in the Taito Hills reserve which was stunning, the lodge overlooks the saltlick and you can spend time watching various animals mainly elephants passing through. We had 3 games drives here but by far the best was the early morning drive when we came across a lion pride ( the only one on all our drives ) great to see, no cheetahs or giraffe seen, again the rest of the wildlife in the park was remote but I must add I believe it was due to a lot of unexpected rainfall which kept the animals away from water holes etc unusual for this time of year, a great experience though and we would recommend Wildlife Kenya Safaris who were spot on with all the booking and itinerary and supplied us with a spacious 4 by 4 land cruiser as requested, the driver called Mohammad was very knowledgable and made the safari that extra special for us, also a credit to him for keeping us safe on the long 6 hour journey back to diani beach via the ferry.

Visited January 2013
4 Thank Michaelhirons
Bucharest, Romania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“An unforgettable Safari trip in Kenya - excellent service offered by Wildlife Kenya Safaris!”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

In December 2012 we decided to get away from the freezing temperatures in our country and opted to visit Kenya, a destination that we didn't know much about beforehand (a few shows on National Geographic and maybe some famous movies evoking an exotic, wild scenery, and crimson sunsets behind Kilimanjaro - in short, very different than the "urban jungle" that we're used to here, in Europe).

The focus point of this vacation would be, of course, the safari: a visit to the "home" of the most beautiful and ferocious animals in the African savanna. After a thorough documentation online, we've chosen one of the companies whose reliability and reputation was already confirmed by a lot of reviewers - Wildlife Kenya Safaris, and I must say that all our expectations were met, and even more so, we enjoyed excellent service and received special attention throughout our stay.

Our choice was for a private safari jeep and 2 nights/3 days in Tsavo East and West national parks, the accommodation being at Ashnil Aruba and Kilaguni Serena lodges. We were accompanied by Martin, a very good driver (and yes, you do need one on the Kenyan roads!), very kind and friendly and very knowledgeable about wildlife. For three days, Martin went out of his way to find for our viewing pleasure all the Big Five (lion, elephant, buffalo, leopard and rhino), but also loads of other animals that, honestly, we weren't expecting to see: cheetahs, zebras, giraffes, baboons, gazelles, hippos, crocs, all kinds of birds etc. The accommodation conditions at the lodges were great, 5 stars - all built in traditional African style, fresh food and plenty of it, and of course the waterholes strategically placed to get great views of the animals coming to drink. What more could we ask? Not to mention that Antony, the manager, called us every evening to make sure everything is alright and that we're enjoying the vacation. After we got back from the safari, we booked two more trips with Antony, a see/snorkeling ride on Wasini Island and a day trip to Mombasa (including Haller Park).

So, if you ever decide to travel to Kenya, we warmly recommend you Wildlife Kenya Safaris, you'll feel safe and comfortable in the midst of the African wilderness!

10 Thank Andreea_Bordeanu
Portland, Oregon
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Dont Safari with anyone else!”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

What you get is what you cant see. Experience and NO HASSLES. We were on the safari 'circuit' over Christmas 2012 and consequently you meet the same folks at the various lodges as you travel from Samburu on to the Masai etc. EVERYONE BUT US got caught by the weather. We were wondering why our amazing guide/driver was insistent on leaving at a very specific time one day, but when we arrived at our lodge we found out that everyone else was stuck when a bridge washed out. Alecks had the foresight to get ahead of the weather. He was always concerned with our safety and our experience. You've really got to understand you really need to trust these guys with your life - and I'd put Alecks in charge of anything I was doing. I can's speak highly enough of this company - Antony called nearly every day to check that we were happy - c'mon - where else do you get service like that? I don't know how he compares pricewise, but his service is priceless. I know there's already 200 glowing reviews and so why bother adding another one? Its the least I can do for anyone on the fence on who to go with. Ask for Alecks - but I'm certain anyone Antony has working for him must be amazing.

6 Thank brooksbankphoto
Cambridge, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“8 Days (7 Nights): Kongoni Safari.”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We took this 8 day trip in the middle of December 2012 and had a wonderful time. Our driver Alex was very knowledgeable (especially about bird life) and helpful.

The trip was very well planned and we saw a wide variety of terrain. The accommodation was excellent and some of the hotels/camps are in truly amazing locations. We were also extremely lucky with animal sightings and saw everything on our "todo" list including 36 different lions :)

I have already recommended to several friends to take this trip, and if I go back to east africa I'd definitely use this company again.

It's probably worth noting that the trip from Maasi Mara to Diani beach involves a 5 hour drive to Nairobi, then a flight to Mombassa, then 2 hour drive/ferry to Diani. If I took this trip again I'd try and fly from Maasi Mara directly to Diani to save myself a days travel.

3 Thank Ross B