This is a real gem. Situated overlooking the Mara River in the centre of the park. This is a small camp set under shady trees about 500 meters from the river with sweeping views across the plains.In the evening zebra graze through the camp and hippo can be heard calling from the river.The tent accomodation is spacious with double beds and comfortable furniture. Each tent has a good sized bathroom with shower, toilet and hand basin over a tiled floor.There is a good supply of hot water for the bathrooms. Bottled drinking water is provided in each tent.
A large tent set up as a well appointed guest's lounge and a similar large tent is set up as the dining area.The food here is a cut above other camps I have stayed at, and Johnathan the chef and his staff do a wonderful job. Breakfast is serve-your-self fruit and cereals, followed by cooked dishes to order, such as eggs and bacon. Lunch is buffet style choice of salads and cold meats, and dinner is soup, two choices of the main dish and a desert. Wine and other drinks are extra but reasonably priced.The staff are very keen to please and service is good.
Mobile phones work here but there is no internet wifi connection. Electric power is a problem, as it comes from a generator or solar, and is only on at certain times of the day and evening. If you want to recharge your camera batteries, mobile phone or laptop, it has to be done in the evening in the guest lounge where a power board is available. Some tents are lucky enough to have a power board by the bed for the bedside lights, but not all. Accounts can be setttled by credit card as they have a terminal linked to the mobile phone system.
Masi warriors patrol the camp after dark and escort you to and from your tent, as wild animals are known to wander through.
Being situated in the centre of the park, the wild animals are on your door step, and time is not wasted in long drives to the best viewing locations.
I have no hesitation recommending this camp. You will enjoy your stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Entim is located inside the the Masai Mara game reserve and overlooks the mara river One of the migration crossing points is in front of the camp and guests are privileged to enjoy a private crossings in season. The camp is ideal for photographers and private game viewing in our panoramic location.The camp has a private wing that is ideal for photographers. It offers a Photographic tent that is fully equipped with i mac computers and projectors. The camp has new land cruisers customised for game viewing ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com so you can book your Entim Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Entim Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Entim Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve