We (my mother, 61, and I, 29) stayed in this camp for 3 nights during a 10-day Kenya safari with Sunworld Safaris. It was just perfect! The setting over the Mara River is beautiful, you can hear the hippos at night as if they are just around the tent (however, the Massai keep them at stake, of course) and the sun sets are just amazing. The tents are lovely. The first night we had a tent just next to the common tent and the kitchens. Noise was not at all a problem as it turned out, but the tent was a bit behind so the view was less good. So we asked if it would be possible to move to another tent. The first day all tents were taken but we were allowed to move on the second day which was just incredibly nice. The second tent had a perfect view; however the shower and toilet were a bit more "rustic" and the furnishing simpler (that's why I only give 4 stars for the rooms). But for us that was of course no problem at all!
The staff, especially the host Jonathan, was incredibly friendly, helpful and attentive. In the morning, you can get some coffee and cake to your tent with the wake call and you can enjoy it in front of the tent while waiting for your breakfast or safari to start. We had rain every late afternoon, so we were a bit sad that we there was no sudowner at the camp fire. So on the last afternoon, although huge rain clouds were already approaching and the wind was blowing up, three of the Massai set up a camp fire for us and we were brought chairs, wine and snacks and could enjoy the amazing scenery with the approaching thunderstorm and the sundown at the camp fire - until the rain started... That was an effort just for the two of us that we did not take for granted!
Everything is in the camp very clean, well kept and lovely decorated. The tents are lovely, spacious with hot water showers, toilets and huge beds. The food (served at table) was just amazing, served in an open tent so you have the impression of dining right in the middle of the jungle! And of course, the place is just perfect for safaris, being right in the middle of the Massai Mara, with giraffes and elephants already waiting for you when you leave the camp and no other camps or hotels around (however, the gates are also quite far, but that should be seen as huge advantage as well). We had our own driver-guide, so we cannot say anything about the activities that are proposed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Entim is located inside the the Masai Mara game reserve and overlooks the mara river One of the migration crossing points is in front of the camp and guests are privileged to enjoy a private crossings in season. The camp is ideal for photographers and private game viewing in our panoramic location.The camp has a private wing that is ideal for photographers. It offers a Photographic tent that is fully equipped with i mac computers and projectors. The camp has new land cruisers customised for game viewing ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com so you can book your Entim Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Entim Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Entim Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve