“ENTIM IS AMAZING!!!!”
Review of Entim Camp

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Entim Camp
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Entim was by far the best holiday we've ever had. The location is just superb! The Staff are amazing! Very very helpful, very knowledgeable, very friendly and the guides were just fantastic! Lexi - the camp manager made it really easy and comfortable for our group. Petro - our driver just knew it all. We got to see Lion kills, Leopard kills, Croc kills, the big 5 and more. It was just unreal. We're now hooked for life and every year we plan to return to Entim without fail. We met a lot of people who stayed at other resorts but no one seemed to have the sort of quality, friendly touch and all around fun and sights that we had at Entim.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kunal S

Reviewed September 11, 2011

Rarely would I like to award 6 stars... but in this case I'd love to. We spent 4 nights 5 blissfull days at Entim. Service : I've stayed in some very expensive hotels in various parts of the globe and I got here one of the best service I've had anywhere. Because it's a small camp should you ever need anything (which you don't cos everything is always done for you) there's always someone about. The camp also always feels very safe, which is great when you know you have several thousand worth of camera equipment in your tent. The wake up call with coffee and cake is great. Turn down service in the evening is great. Food : Very good, they did an amazing job considering you're in the middle of nowhere. Nice presentation. Really really liked the fact that the food is not served buffet style. Always get 3 courses if not 4. In the evening you get a small snack with drinks in front of the fire before dinner. Tents : only 10 tents, ours was on the north side, nice furniture inside, nice towels, nice bathroom nothing to say was great. Location : Amazing. We saw 4 crossings in 5 days. You see all the other minibuses accross the river who have to wait for the crossing in the stiffling heat. We were on the other side with a drink, I actually popped back in the tent to relax and ran out when it was happening. I don't think there are many other camps in the Mara where you have this luxury. Conclusion ; I had a lower price here than similar camps Governor's Kicheche...and I believe we got the same service experience... if not better. I got a fantastic deal my only worry now is that they will put their price up ;( so I will tell Entim please keep the prices as they are now and keep delivering what you're doing. Special word of thank you to Pedro our guide who knew so much and was so funny ! Also note Entim does not cram lots of people in their 4X4 we were only 4 in ours and always made me smile when we'd pass another with 6 people crammed in there. I will always remember my days at Entim with fondness. To all the lovely guys I met out there who are wondering ab. out the TV show I shot last week I made it to second round but then lost.

1  Thank kl_le
Reviewed September 5, 2011

We stayed at Entim for 3 days of incredible adventure, amazing food and wonderful company. While it is hard to know where to stay when you visit the Mara I can recommend without a doubt that Entim is the best experience for anyone wanting a memorable time. The camp has a direct view of the Mara river, and by that I mean it is a minutes walk from where you are eating and sleeping and while we were there we saw 2 wildebeast crossings directly in front of the camp. And apart from the wildlife, the food was amazing. We had 3 course meals served 3 times a day (not a buffet!) and you get a wake up call with fresh coffee or tea to your tent.

We are planning our trip back already!

P.S. also make sure to go on a hot air balloon ride on Hot Air Safari during your visit. They can help you get all set up at the camp, and it is worth every penny to watch the sun rise over the savanna and to get a bird eyes view of all the creatures is breathless.

Reviewed September 5, 2011

My wife and I spent three months travelling around the World and 7 days travelling in Kenya. Our stay at Entim and experience at the Mara comes at the top of the list. The combination of a unique setting next to a crossing point by the Mara River, excellent experienced staff with all the features offered by the Masai Mara.
I did significant research before selecting a camp at the Mara and I am glad I read the available travel and conservation blogs on the Mara. Thanks to this effort, my wife an I hit the nail right on the head... the timming (3-4 week in August) and Entim Tented Camp were perfect. We had the chance to experience two massive wilddebeast crossings within one day just in front of our camp just before we were sitting down to have lunch. The tents are excellent and the staff is not just friendly and extremely helpful, but also very experienced and well prepared. Our driver was very knowledgable and new exactly where to go in order to spot wildlife, also he knew exactly where to position the car in order to get the "right" picture (angle, light direction) which is something that photographers will trully appreciate. In short, our drive was not just the person behind the wheel, he was our guide and that makes a big difference.
The cuisine and food deserve a praise of their own. My wife and I take pride in having good judgement when it comes to food and restaurants. During our worldly travel we make a concious effort of experiencing the best cuisine a country has to offer and this site helped us select our choices in each city we visited. The meals at Entim are in the top five list. This is even more impressive if you factor in that our meals were cooked in the middle of the bush and logistics of good quality ingredients is extremely difficult. Of course, the menus were set so it is not possible to choose from a menu, but the quality of the food, its ingredients, presentation, service and taste is simply outstanding.

If you want to experience the great migration and have a first hand view of a river crossing then Entim is a great choice.

FYI. Entim has a sister camp just a few yards away upriver that I believe is called Entim Private also with a great view of the river crossing point. If Entim is fully booked then this is an excellent alternative.

Although not connected to the hotel review, I thought I'd share a couple of lines regarding our baloon ride at the Mara. People thinking about it may be put off by the price tag (we also did a balloon ride at Cappadoccia, Turkey for a about 60% of the price here) but the logistics here in the Mara are significantly more challenging, mainly because of distance to launch site give winds conditions require moving equipment much longer distance, also the breakfast after landing is impressive (omellettes, cocktails and fresh brew coffee in the middle of a field). The view of the Mara from the air is unique, we saw lions, zebras, elephants, jiraffes, massive numbers of wilddebeast that looked like ant trails on your backyard garden, hienas and so much more. The staff was very professionals and the equipment looked brand new. If you have never been on a balloon ride, this would really be a treat to your senses. Obviously, I wouldn'r recommend this to people who have fear of hights or are senstiive to small crowded space (16 passengers per basket, 4 in each corner of the balloon) so consider carefully if you don't like to be crammed in a small space.

Reviewed September 4, 2011

Had a great 2 night stay at Entim. The camp is just a short drive from the airstrip and directly across from the Mara River, where we watched the wildebeest migration while relaxing outside our tent.

The drivers/guides were excellent. Within a few game drives, they were able to show us all of the Big 5 (lion, leopard, rhino, elephant, and buffalo). We had to drive only a short distance from the camp to find all the animals.

The camp staff were extremely friendly and helpful, and the meals were great. Our tent was luxurious with comfortable beds and hot showers. Also, the camp is eco-friendly and blends in nicely with the surrounding environment.

We were highly impressed by the level of accommodation and service provided to us during our stay out in the wilderness, and we plan to come back again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 24, 2011

This was our first safari ever and it was absolutly brilliant. The camp is nestled aprox 150 meters from the Mara river in a secluded forest over looking the river. The tents were tastefully decorated and every detail was taken care of. Hot water was provided by solar power.

The food , ambiance, and setting was exceptional! The game drivers with Henry (Kisheru) was thrilling where we saw the Big five less the Rhino and much much more! It was a global village in the camp with guest from Sri Lanka Singapore,Malaysia, Croatia, South Africa, US and Canada, India and China.

The staff including Lexy, David and the Charles etc were courteous, and very friendly. 2 nights is not enough as my family wanted to extend further.

Be prepered to listen to the Hippos and Hyenas seranade you 20 feet from your tents.

The Masai were there at all time to provide security. If time permits, go up in The Hot Air Safari Balloons.. Andrew and Riz! Bravo....Champagne Breakfest to feast!

Thanks for an unforgetable experience.
Nh

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2011

The Mara is one of those places that I have always wanted to go to and on reccomendation from a friend, we stayed at entim camp when we went for my 30th birthday.
The camp only has a few tents in a prime location facing the Mara river but by chance we chose 4 nights when we were the only guests at the camp bringing the guest to staff ratio to 8 to 1! Needless to say, we were treated like royalty.
Our driver/ tracker, Henry was fantastic! Knowledgeable, friendly and great at his job. The other staff at Entim were lovely too- we couldn't have asked for a better time! The small touches like finding a hot water bottle in our beds at turn down and a friendly voice bringing tea and (very yummy) cake to our tent for the early 6am game drive wake up times.
I am a bit of a safari veteran but I have never had a safari quite like it. I can't thank the team at Entim enough for the trip of a lifetime. We will definitely have to go back.

• Stayed: July 2011