We stayed at the camp 3 days/2nights as the middle portion of a visit to Kenya, the first part being at the beach. The first shock was how truly luxurious the tents were - two queen-sized beds and an enormous bathroom that included a full bathtub! We enjoyed that each tent is named after a famous conservationist, with the history of the individual on the wall in the tent. The decor was beautiful and incorporated Maasai art tastefully.
The staff was exceptional, everyone was very helpful and attentive and really went out of their way to make sure our visit was enjoyable. We particularly enjoyed our driver-guide extraordinare D (David). Having been born and raised within walking distance of the camp, D knows the Mara like the back of his hand and ensured we saw every animal we hoped to see and more.
The food in the restaurant was great, the chef and his staff created wonderful meals worthy of the luxury of the camp. Bernard was our waitperson at the restaurant and was exceptional in remembering how we liked our tea each day.
We had purchased an all-inclusive which included specific beverages, there was some difficulty with this at the restaurant and again at check-out so advice is to make sure the staff is aware that if this package is purchased that beverages are included and keep a copy of the reservation confirmation with you to show staff should they forget.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This uniquely situated luxury camp on the banks of the Talek River overlooks the mottled plains of the Maasai Mara, where vast herds of wildlife co-exist with the colourful Maasai people. Between June and October the Maasai Mara plays host to one of the most spectacular wildlife shows on earth the great annual migration of over a million wildebeest and zebra as they enter the Mara ecosystem from Serengeti in neighbouring Tanzania. Tipilikwani's tents enjoy river frontage and are decorated with warm, rich Maasai colours. The family tents have a stand alone bath tub in addition to showers. Excellent food, personalised service and traditional Kenyan hospitality further compliment the prime location. Game drives offer the unforgettable opportunity to enjoy the diversity of animals and birds living permanently in the Masai Mara, as well as many migratory species. Guests can also learn more about the Masai people, proud pastoralists and warriors, many of whom still retain their traditional nomadic lifestyle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Tipilikwani Mara Camp - Masai Mara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tipilikwani Masai Mara Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Tipilikwani Mara Camp - Masai Mara Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve