Tiplilikwani is a perfect place to stay if your primary goal for a trip to the Mara is to spend the day on safari, and only sleep and eat at the camp at night. The food is perfectly adequate and the rooms are spacious. However, there is really nothing else to do at the camp, and during the day you'll want to be out driving through the Reserve.
Highlight: They do provide great breakfasts "to go." We recommend having them pack up your breakfast and head out of the camp at dawn. This is the best time to see animals (especially lions) and then you can stop mid morning to enjoy your breakfast in the middle of the Mara.
Ultimately, the price is reasonable for what you receive, but if you are looking for more of a luxurious camp, better cuisine for your evening meal, or if you're hoping to spend part of your holiday relaxing at a property, check out other camps.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This uniquely situated luxury camp on the banks of the Talek River overlooks the mottled plains of the Maasai Mara, where vast herds of wildlife co-exist with the colourful Maasai people. Between June and October the Maasai Mara plays host to one of the most spectacular wildlife shows on earth the great annual migration of over a million wildebeest and zebra as they enter the Mara ecosystem from Serengeti in neighbouring Tanzania. Tipilikwani's tents enjoy river frontage and are decorated with warm, rich Maasai colours. The family tents have a stand alone bath tub in addition to showers. Excellent food, personalised service and traditional Kenyan hospitality further compliment the prime location. Game drives offer the unforgettable opportunity to enjoy the diversity of animals and birds living permanently in the Masai Mara, as well as many migratory species. Guests can also learn more about the Masai people, proud pastoralists and warriors, many of whom still retain their traditional nomadic lifestyle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Jovago.com, Orbitz, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Tipilikwani Mara Camp - Masai Mara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tipilikwani Masai Mara Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Tipilikwani Mara Camp - Masai Mara Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve