We stated at Tipilikwani for 3 nights in early August. The camp has 20 tents, most of which overlook the Talek river. The camp runs a mobile spa service and treatments are carried out in individuals rooms.
Points of interest:
1) The tent size is massive! So is the bathroom :) and both are fairly clean
2) Found some stains on the bedsheets (which was a put off for me) but if you're not OCD then you won't have an issue
3) Meals were mostly served to your table or on some days they have a buffet service. The vegetable soup was delicious!!
4) Packed lunch can be provided if you wish to be out on full-day game drive but please ensure you specify your dietary requirement or risk being surprised!
5) Power is switched off between 7.30am and 6pm and then again between 11pm and 5am - at least this was what we experienced when there. Electronic gadgets can be charged inside the restaurant.
6) Water for showers is nice and hot in the evenings ..
Overall, this was a nice place to stay although I wouldn't go back here due to proximity of game viewing ..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This uniquely situated luxury camp on the banks of the Talek River overlooks the mottled plains of the Maasai Mara, where vast herds of wildlife co-exist with the colourful Maasai people. Between June and October the Maasai Mara plays host to one of the most spectacular wildlife shows on earth the great annual migration of over a million wildebeest and zebra as they enter the Mara ecosystem from Serengeti in neighbouring Tanzania. Tipilikwani's tents enjoy river frontage and are decorated with warm, rich Maasai colours. The family tents have a stand alone bath tub in addition to showers. Excellent food, personalised service and traditional Kenyan hospitality further compliment the prime location. Game drives offer the unforgettable opportunity to enjoy the diversity of animals and birds living permanently in the Masai Mara, as well as many migratory species. Guests can also learn more about the Masai people, proud pastoralists and warriors, many of whom still retain their traditional nomadic lifestyle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Jovago.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo and Hotwire so you can book your Tipilikwani Mara Camp - Masai Mara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tipilikwani Masai Mara Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Tipilikwani Mara Camp - Masai Mara Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve