The tented rooms at this place are amazing. They are ENORMOUS and the bathroom is huge as well. It is a true tent - ie the room cannot be locked and there was no safe so we left our valuables locked in our luggage which was fine. Also, there were (surprisingly) no bugs in our room. We had a double room and my sister who is single had a "single" room which actually had two queen size beds! - easily would have fit four people except you would have had to share the bathroom.
I slept here very deeply although my husband was kept up by barking dogs and the sounds of the maasai guards screaming at something?! Apparently a hyena had entered the camp ... that was the rumor anyway!
The rooms also had an outdoor wooden deck with a view of forest and the mara beyond where we could see the wildebeest grazing. Chef Moses makes the best macadamia nut fudge - must try!!! Their lounge/dining area has some outdoor seating as well where you have the view of the mara and the wildebeest which is very nice.
The only downsides were that service was very slow and the camp is actually outside the park. Although it is on the edge, there were two drives where the driver actually drove outside the park and through a little village where there is alot of plastic/garbage on the road.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This uniquely situated luxury camp on the banks of the Talek River overlooks the mottled plains of the Maasai Mara, where vast herds of wildlife co-exist with the colourful Maasai people. Between June and October the Maasai Mara plays host to one of the most spectacular wildlife shows on earth the great annual migration of over a million wildebeest and zebra as they enter the Mara ecosystem from Serengeti in neighbouring Tanzania. Tipilikwani's tents enjoy river frontage and are decorated with warm, rich Maasai colours. The family tents have a stand alone bath tub in addition to showers. Excellent food, personalised service and traditional Kenyan hospitality further compliment the prime location. Game drives offer the unforgettable opportunity to enjoy the diversity of animals and birds living permanently in the Masai Mara, as well as many migratory species. Guests can also learn more about the Masai people, proud pastoralists and warriors, many of whom still retain their traditional nomadic lifestyle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Jovago.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia and Hotwire so you can book your Tipilikwani Mara Camp - Masai Mara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tipilikwani Masai Mara Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Tipilikwani Mara Camp - Masai Mara Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve