This was our last stop on our trip through Tanzania ans Kenya so it easy to compare accommodations. This camp had the largest tents and probably the best bedrooms we experienced. I had a king size bed, large lounge and nice desk with suitable furnishings. The bathroom area was also large and suitable but we did experience better.
Sitting on the deck area of the tent overlooking the river and having an afternoon drink was very peaceful.
An interesting feature was that each tent had their own Masai Guard to escort you to and from the dining area at night. It was certainly implied that they should be tipped at the conclusion of your stay.
I did a walking safari for $US 20 with two Masai and we found the animal tracks and use of different vegetation interesting. I was disappointed we did not see any animals. Having done walks in the Chitwan area of Nepal where we encountered Rhino and sloth bear it was a little tame. Perhaps those that accompanied me were happy we did not see similar animals.
We found the food good but not excellent. The bar had a wide variety of drinks and we enjoyed some late nights trying some digestifs.
Wemwould rate this as our second best camp.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This uniquely situated luxury camp on the banks of the Talek River overlooks the mottled plains of the Maasai Mara, where vast herds of wildlife co-exist with the colourful Maasai people. Between June and October the Maasai Mara plays host to one of the most spectacular wildlife shows on earth the great annual migration of over a million wildebeest and zebra as they enter the Mara ecosystem from Serengeti in neighbouring Tanzania. Tipilikwani's tents enjoy river frontage and are decorated with warm, rich Maasai colours. The family tents have a stand alone bath tub in addition to showers. Excellent food, personalised service and traditional Kenyan hospitality further compliment the prime location. Game drives offer the unforgettable opportunity to enjoy the diversity of animals and birds living permanently in the Masai Mara, as well as many migratory species. Guests can also learn more about the Masai people, proud pastoralists and warriors, many of whom still retain their traditional nomadic lifestyle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Jovago.com, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your Tipilikwani Mara Camp - Masai Mara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tipilikwani Masai Mara Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Tipilikwani Mara Camp - Masai Mara Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve