“Topp camp with fantastic view and topp skilled staff”
Review of Mara Bushtops

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Mara Bushtops
Oslo, Norway
“Topp camp with fantastic view and topp skilled staff”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We stayed for the 2nd time here because we love everything. The tent are the best we ever stayed in. Indoor + outdoor shower + hottub. The best bed we've had when we go on safari. They have a la carde menu (thanks chef Philip). Bushtops use open cars With love Space for the legs and everyone sitt comfortable and are able to take Perfect photos while sitting Down. We find it's a must. You can desite weather you want a hole day safari, a morning and afternoon safari. They have their own concervancy so you can also have gamedrive by night. You can eat bushbreakfast or bushlunch. We find that is Perfect. You can have a hottub after a hole day on safari. They have names on the tents: A = Antilope B = Buffalo I = Impala. They also have a pool With stunning view over the savana. We recoment it HIGHLY and we'll come back to this Place.

Room Tip: You have the same Comfort in each tent. You also have a Family tent. If you don't want to walk t...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Bushtops is the best of both worlds! You get the offroad experience in their own conservancy and just 20 min to drive into the mara main gate. Brilliant staff! Lawrence we salute u, Charles our guide and james our Maasai spotter !! What an amazing experience! Pampered beyond belief, special touches, awesom safari car, amazing food, I don't know what more to say ! Thank you bushtops , you are the best!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank worldanoasis
Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We had booked our second stay at the Mara Bushtops over the easter weekend, and took the liberty of booking the 2 bedroom leopard suite which occupies a prime position within the lodge and very near to the dining room.
Our experience was fantastic and we enjoyed every moment of our stay in the Mara Bushtops. The 2 bedroom suite was spacious with its own hot tub, outdoor dining and indoor living room along with the opportunity of taking your meals and massage in the suite.
The food and beverages was world-class even though we were vegetarians.
The service was exceptional which included an early morning light breakfast at 4am before the balloon ride.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the 2 bedroom leopard suite especially if you are a group of 4
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank SanjG
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 23, 2013

After visting Mara Bushtops for my second time in three years I felt it was time I wrote a short review.

I do not know where to start. The hotel is incredible.

The rooms are beautiful. Comfortable beds, lovely indoor and outdoor showers, a large bath on the decking and an incredible view. The restaurants are brilliant, lovely food and a great selection of wines from their cellar.

Perfectly planned activities and game drives were the highlight. In my first visit I saw every animal and my second visit I saw all but the elusive Rhino!

The main reason I will continue to come back to this hotel is the world class staff. I have been lucky to stay at some of the best hotels around the world but I have never felt as welcomed as when I stayed at Bushtops. The guides and spotters are very knowledgeable and amusing (the days can be long without a laugh or two) and the rest of the staff are friendly and efficient. Last time I went they had the balance perfectly right between looking after us and giving us space.

I really cant speak highly enough of this hotel. I dont think anyone could leave dissapointed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JordanTorrilla
Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We enjoyed Mara Bushtops experience very much. The leopard tent was perfect for our time with our daughter since we had private time, yet togetherness all in one luxurious setting. Complete with a wet bar, expresso maker and a hot tub on the frequently used game path, the setting couldn't have been better. But, the people!!! Our Ranger, Alex, and our Masai guide, Joseph, made the trip super special. The entire staff is friendly, smiling and ever pleasing! The food made by Chef Philip exquisite as well. Loved learning about the Masai culture and the things that make this beautiful part of Kenya so unique. The only thing a little odd was the king size bed was split in the middle making it hard to cuddle at night. The towels and robes should also be replaced with new less worn looking ones.

Room Tip: leopard tent perfect!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Bushtops, Owner at Mara Bushtops, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Dear guest,

thank you very much for taking the time to write about your stay at Mara Bushotps.
We are delighted that you enjoyed the experience very much and that you were particularly impressed with the Leopard suite and our staff who made your stay so special.

In regards to the bed configuration at Mara Bushtops, we would just like to clarify that one bedroom in the Leopard suite has a king size double bed without any division and the other bedroom has two single beds which can be pushed together or kept apart depending on guests preferences. The same applies to our luxury tents where we have a configuration of either king size double beds (without any division) or single beds.
Thank you for your comment about the towels and robes. We have already addressed this.

We hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the not too distant future.
Best wishes
Claudia Stuart
Kendal
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Well what can we say about this place, if you want the best and can afford it go for it!!! Booked this through JT Safaris (Julius Tact) in UK, he arranged flights from Diani Beach to airstrip collection point and return. We were met by Bushtops guides, Jephet and Stanley who greeted us with snacks and drinks and then took us on a small game drive before reaching the camp. We saw on arrival lions, buffalo, zebras & giraffe to name a few. We were in an open land rover type vehicle but could be protected from rain if needed by a pull down canvas. The roads are all rough tracks, all off road type. Bushtops is brill, the food and service all inclusive but drinks, even water is to be paid for, massages separate but you do get a butler who will bring you tea/coffee and fill your hottub. First night we laughed got back to the tent (can't really call it a tent cos it's so luxuriious) to find a hot water bottle in the beds.

Early starts for safaris!! 6am but we saw all the animals except rhinos, even got close to cheetahs after they'd just caught a gazelle, we'd missed the chase. The drivers keep in contact with one another and race to where there are any sightings. Had an outdoor picnic in the bush but again it's not a picnic as we know it, it's like a restaurant sitting!!

Thank you to everyone who made this trip so special, we will not forget it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SeasonedTraveller62
St Ives, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I was given a choice as to where I spent my birthday and couldn't think of anywhere better than Mara Bushtops having had a wonderful time there two years ago this past November. I was not disappointed. It was amazing. We had Lion tent overlooking the water hole so we were able to watch the comings and goings of animals night and day.The tent was beautiful and Joyce's care of us perfect. Bubbly hot tub was ready when we returned from our trips together with a wecome pot of tea. I shall not forget the luxury of a massage in my tent and the manicure and pedicure that followed. And of course there was always the comfort of that lovely hot water bottle in my bed at night. All the staff were really caring and individually interested in us. No detail to our well being was overlooked. The food in the restaurant was always delicious and beautifully presented. On the evening of my birtday we had a surpise dinner under the sausage tree at a table decorated with candle rose petals and a bunch of roses. I was presented with an artistically decorated personalised birthday cake and seranaded by the waiters. Nearby was our Masai Mara warrior complete in his elegant red gear complete with spear and spot light to ward of any predators. .We enjoyed two all day safaris seeing a fantastic number and variety of wild animals. Because it was spring time there were many babies - lion cubs, baby cheetahs and a very special week old elephant who skidded along the track in his hurry to get to his mummy. There was one scary moment when at a bush stop I found myself being approached by six hyenas. I was back in the jeep faster than lightening! It certainly was my best holiday ever! Can't wait to have the opportunity of going again!

Room Tip: We have stayed in Cheetah and Lion tents - both are excellent!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family