We flew into the small dirt airstrip and was met by Jackson, our driver/guide with hot drinks, nuts, dried fruit and biscuits.
Jackson was a amazing, knowledgeable and funny. On our 20 min trip to our camp we saw 16 different animals and 3 bird species, we thought we could go home now, we've seen it all already, but we hadn't, there was more to come.
We got so close to the animals, we'd stop just to let the lions just walk in front of our open aired vehicle. Never once did I feel like we were in any danger.
The meals were beautiful. And we were woken ever morning by our butler with a hot drink and biscuits, before our early morning safari.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AndBeyond Kichwa Tembo Masai Mara Tented Camp is set on a private wilderness concession leased from Maasai landlords in the legendary Masai Mara. Situated where forest and savanna meet, these elegant, spacious safari tents boast some of the most magnificent views of the Masai Mara, especially from the large swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com so you can book your andBeyond Kichwa Tembo Tented Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kichwa Tembo Tented Safari Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- AndBeyond Kichwa Tembo Tented Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve