Our safari dream finally came true when we made it to Kichwa Tembo! The only thing is, it was better than our dreams. The tents were spectacular and the staff was as polite as anyone could ever hope for. The food overall was very good and the friendliness of everyone staying at the camp is something that you could feel is a usual occurrence. They make sure everyone is in a good mood. Our guide Douglas was excellent. John was a pleasure to speak with and taught us so much about the local tribes culture. We got to see the staff play a local soccer games amongst the pesky hogs which was a ton of fun. We saw 4 out of the Big 5, only missing on the Black Rhino. Next time for sure, with Douglas and at the Kichwa Tembo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AndBeyond Kichwa Tembo Masai Mara Tented Camp is set on a private wilderness concession leased from Maasai landlords in the legendary Masai Mara. Situated where forest and savanna meet, these elegant, spacious safari tents boast some of the most magnificent views of the Masai Mara, especially from the large swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com so you can book your andBeyond Kichwa Tembo Tented Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kichwa Tembo Tented Safari Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- AndBeyond Kichwa Tembo Tented Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve