Our family of 5 (3 generations) treated ourselves to a 3-day break at Kichwa Tembo camp, flying from Malindi. We had been to the Mara many times before, and this trip was as good, if not better, than any. To reiterate a previous reviewer, the staff were exceptionally good - without exception. They were professional, friendly, courteous and made us all feel special and welcome. Our game guide - a young lady - was impressive: so knowledgeable and aware of our interests, and she drove brilliantly, manoeuvering a heavy land rover in thick black cotton mud! The food at the camp was the best we have ever eaten at a safari lodge in Africa, and way exceeded our expectations. The attractive swimming pool is beautifully situated and was enjoyed by the children. We also saw a delightful amount of game, including a pair of rare wild dogs hunting, so we were thrilled! All in all, we would happily return to Kichwa Tembo when we next visit the Mara.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AndBeyond Kichwa Tembo Masai Mara Tented Camp is set on a private wilderness concession leased from Maasai landlords in the legendary Masai Mara. Situated where forest and savanna meet, these elegant, spacious safari tents boast some of the most magnificent views of the Masai Mara, especially from the large swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com so you can book your andBeyond Kichwa Tembo Tented Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kichwa Tembo Tented Safari Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- AndBeyond Kichwa Tembo Tented Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve