My wife and I enjoyed our third visit to Kichwa Tembo (KT) in June and as usual everything was perfect. The tents are comfortable and the grounds are beautiful. The staff is efficient and had positive attitudes; a sure sign of good training and a good working environment. Chef George was quite an upbeat personality that we really enjoyed chatting with (and a great cook as well!). One of the key reasons that we continue to choose KT is our guide, Mr. Benedict Kalului. He is very knowledgeable, cheerful and a great spotter. Benedict’s positive attitude and spotting skills stand out in comparison to the other guides that we have had on our five prior safaris in Kenya, Tanzania and South Africa.
His skills have yielded us some great sightings of rhino and leopards for which we are truly grateful. Additionally, he does a great job teaching us about the animals, their behavior and how they interact with each other and local residents. We look forward to staying at Kichwa Tembo when we return to Kenya next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AndBeyond Kichwa Tembo Masai Mara Tented Camp is set on a private wilderness concession leased from Maasai landlords in the legendary Masai Mara. Situated where forest and savanna meet, these elegant, spacious safari tents boast some of the most magnificent views of the Masai Mara, especially from the large swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com so you can book your andBeyond Kichwa Tembo Tented Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kichwa Tembo Tented Safari Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- AndBeyond Kichwa Tembo Tented Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve