A beautiful spot in the Maasai Mara, Kichwa Tembo is more than just a place to stay -it is an experience! The positives are: fantastic friendly, helpful and professional staff- nothing was too much trouble. Great location and fantastic wildlife. We stayed five nights and did and saw new things everyday. Words do not do the wildlife sightings justice but my highlights were the cats! In particular the cheetahs. We saw a male and female resting together, a solitary cheetah who had just brought down an impala and two brothers who were chased by a solitary female lion. We saw lions mating, a large pride of females with young cubs and on other occasions solitary males, two females chasing a warthog and many other sightings where the lions were just moving from a to b or resting. Lots of giraffe, elephants, hippos, jackles, hyena, black rhino (3 sightings) zebra, Wilde beast, water buck, bush buck, impala, wart hogs, birds and so much more. But back to Kichwa Tembo! I can totally recommend this camp. Stay at least 3 nights more if you can. Hot air balloon flight was awesome and although expensive is well worth it for a memorable morning. If you have time Esther gives fantastic massages and managed to get rid of a sore neck that had been bothering me for days. Our guide each day was Wilson and he was excellent. Each morning and afternoon he asked us what we wanted to see but we decided to give him full control and just asked him to take us to wherever the best animal sightings were to be had- this was a great idea and every trip out was a new adventure. The staff went out of their way to think of special little surprises for us most days but I am not going to tell you those! The only negative would be that the Internet is very slow and only available in the bar and restaurant but hey, it is in the middle of the African bush and we were grateful to have it! Kichwa Tembo is situated within easy walking distance of Bateleur Camp which we also walked around and it looked far more exclusive and upmarket for sure but as I sit here on the verandah of our deluxe tent watching 3 giraffe walk past I would not change a thing!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AndBeyond Kichwa Tembo Masai Mara Tented Camp is set on a private wilderness concession leased from Maasai landlords in the legendary Masai Mara. Situated where forest and savanna meet, these elegant, spacious safari tents boast some of the most magnificent views of the Masai Mara, especially from the large swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com so you can book your andBeyond Kichwa Tembo Tented Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kichwa Tembo Tented Safari Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- AndBeyond Kichwa Tembo Tented Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve