I would really love it title my review as "Perfect" but will let you know it wasn't for the few issues I encountered! I am not usually a demanding or complaining person. I was out on my safari for almost the whole day (6:30 a.m - 6:30 p.m) , so most of the specifics about the camp itself didn't really matter much to me, but everything was alright.
I just "slightly" hated the fact (honestly knew about this prior to my stay) that you don't have electricity outlets in your tent if you are staying in the standard ones. You get these if you are paying extra for your luxury tent. So, at the evening time when people star coming from their safaris, you would find them literally racing for a spot to charge their electronics in the bar. They provide what I think is enough outlets over there but it is still annoying as I experienced it myself. I had to come to the bar with my extension and drag all my stuff that needed to be charged (two phones, two camera, laptop). I found that I had to stay in the bar longer than needed. I could've just done all that on my bed. I would appreciate if that can be looked into by Andbeyond as I don't see this as something you really need to pay extra money for! Electricty outlets in all tents, simple!
The other little thing which I know the camp can't do much about, I've been into many other game drives in other countries and been into many roads but I just find the road between the camp and the masai mara reserve too pumpy for me, maybe also because I was carrying many photographic equipments with me that I had to make sure they stay put all the time. It is a 15 minutes drive (twice or four times aday - Depending if you choose to do one game drive for the whole day or prefer two game drives for the morning and afternoon) , you just need to tolerate or be annoyed with this matter.
Other than that, I really enjoyed the stay, I was there during the migration season which I witnessed more than enough of it, the whole safari experience was wonderful to me. My guide Wilson was much of a help, he made sure to always try his best whenever needed,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AndBeyond Kichwa Tembo Masai Mara Tented Camp is set on a private wilderness concession leased from Maasai landlords in the legendary Masai Mara. Situated where forest and savanna meet, these elegant, spacious safari tents boast some of the most magnificent views of the Masai Mara, especially from the large swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com so you can book your andBeyond Kichwa Tembo Tented Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kichwa Tembo Tented Safari Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- AndBeyond Kichwa Tembo Tented Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve