Nestling in the wooded area on the banks of the Mara River is a haven of peace. By crossing the river on a chain link ferry boat you come to Little Governors. The camp is not what you expect - it's upmarket camping or what I like to call 'Glamping'. The tents are large and luxurious with huge beds and proper fitted bathrooms. Animals patrol the camp at night, including elephant, buffalo and wart hogs but you have night Askari who ensure you are not bothered. The staff are attentive but discreet headed up by a larger than life character in George Murray who has been with the firm for years. Our driver, Leonard, a silver accredited safari guide, was amazing giving us the best safari experience. We ended our 3 days on a high (!) with a balloon safari and champagne breakfast. Amazing!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a forest in the heart of the Masai Mara, Little Governors' is intimate in character. The luxury en-suite tents are tucked around a large water-hole clearing that teems with life. Beyond, lie the grasslands of the Masai Mara and the deep blue Olololo Ridge Escarpment. Arriving in Camp is an adventure, leaving your vehicle behind you cross the Mara River by boat and are escorted on foot through the forest to the camp. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Little Governors' Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Little Governors` Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Little Governors' Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve