The camp has a fantastic location with abdunant wildlife to see as soon as you step into your vehicle. September was a good time to go, and I will never forget our sighting of the leopard climbing into the tree. The actual tents are pretty good, but based upon other camps we stayed some have moved to the next level if you are looking for the truly luxury option.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a forest in the heart of the Masai Mara, Little Governors' is intimate in character. The luxury en-suite tents are tucked around a large water-hole clearing that teems with life. Beyond, lie the grasslands of the Masai Mara and the deep blue Olololo Ridge Escarpment. Arriving in Camp is an adventure, leaving your vehicle behind you cross the Mara River by boat and are escorted on foot through the forest to the camp. Governors has been pioneering immersive and transformational safaris in the Mara since 1972. We were the first operators to be permanently based inside the Mara, our site was chosen for its prime location and was the designated “getaway” for the Governors of Kenya. Unfenced and right in the heart of the action. Our camps are Located in some of the best and most precious Wildlife Locations in the world. We are a family with a colourful cast of characters that embodies the spirit of safari, while placing the care of the environment, community and conservation at the heart of everything we do. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz and Booking.com so you can book your Little Governors' Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Little Governors` Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Little Governors' Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve