I was a solo traveler to the Mara the first week of September, 2013. I chose the Explorer camp because of it's quieter atmosphere and boy was it a good choice! To be brief, every need was catered to at Mara Explorer from food to personal wake up calls. I especially want to brag on my guide, Sami, as we saw the big five with relative ease due to his familiarity with the area. He was responsive to our requests to see different species and even took us up close on a few kills! I will return to Mara Explorer with family on my next trip to Africa. It really IS that good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the world famous Masai Mara, Mara Explorer Camp is set on its own private peninsula, with each of its ten luxurious tents opening to the Talek River and the stunning savanna. The tents, equipped with all mod cons are set on wooden decks opening out to a private verandah where you can enjoy time alone in the wild away from it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Mara Explorer Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mara Explorer Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Mara Explorer Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve