We had such a wonderful time at the Mara Explorer - I cannot beging to express our thanks to the many staff who truly made our experience richer: George, the on-duty manager at the time of our visit, was a true gem - attentive to details and committed to the absolute satisfaction of all guests. Katembo - our fearless guide, driver extraordinaire and patron saint of the dung beetle :) - was clearly very skilled and experienced in the are and was able to expose us to the many wondrous shows of nature for which the Mara is renowned. Godfrey was also such a treasure to us, very thoughtful, funny and entertaining. We were so blessed on our journey to have many surprises arranged by the staff which made our stay all the more memorable. Add to this to excellent cuisine, spectacular location on hippo river, beautiful accommodations, free laundry (Hooray!!) and excellent staff - and you have a truly extraordinary experience. Definitely 5 stars!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the world famous Masai Mara, Mara Explorer Camp is set on its own private peninsula, with each of its ten luxurious tents opening to the Talek River and the stunning savanna. The tents, equipped with all mod cons are set on wooden decks opening out to a private verandah where you can enjoy time alone in the wild away from it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Mara Explorer Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mara Explorer Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Mara Explorer Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve