We were privileged to stay at both the Mara Explorer and the Mara Intrepids and we cannot say enough great things about our interactions with Stella, Edwin, Julius, Joseph (our amazing guide to the Mara), Joseph (our Masai guide to the flora of the camps and the area), John, George, and the rest of the staff, regardless of their "role." They make every effort and then some to make you feel as though you are at home in their home. It was an experience that I have been talking about non-stop, since we returned home last Tuesday.
This is a place of incredible beauty and tranquility which we easily could have stayed at for the entire time we were in Kenya.
Thank you, thank you, thank you for the time of our lives during the trip of a lifetime!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the world famous Masai Mara, Mara Explorer Camp is set on its own private peninsula, with each of its ten luxurious tents opening to the Talek River and the stunning savanna. The tents, equipped with all mod cons are set on wooden decks opening out to a private verandah where you can enjoy time alone in the wild away from it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Jovago.com, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Mara Explorer Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mara Explorer Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Mara Explorer Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve