We started our trip out of town with Explorer and could not have asked for a better stay. We really enjoyed the safari rides, and the staff went out of their way to make it special. The quiet and exclusive feeling, the great game viewing, the luxury tents, bathtabs but the attention and the care of the staff was impeccable. Service in this place is truly exceptional - the hosts, Steve was the epitome of attentiveness, knowledge and attention to detail. The chef cooked up some amazing meals and was very attentive. The surprise for my boyfriend’s birthday was more than I ever thought accompanied by a surprise Masai dance during our last evening. The morning of our departure, a surprise birthday present was made. The camp was very quiet and at night you could hear the sounds of nature, we did stayed in the tent #3 (right at the Hippo beach), we loved our tent and we got to see the Hippos from the tent. The camp is really small and you get to know everyone. Our guide, Mathew, he was clearly very knowledgeable and would take us straight into the heart of the action. He knew where the animals were and if he saw an animal on the move, he would guess accurately where the animal was going and get there before all the other vehicles. Mathew was also an expert driver, getting us through some difficult terrain and positioning us for prime viewing if there were other vehicles around. Under his guidance, lions mating, cheetahs kill, leopard walking, elephants and giraffe grazing. We had front-row views of a migration river crossing and the hot water bottles in bed were a nice touch of luxury on top of the already stellar accommodations.
Explorer is the best place to be......
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the world famous Masai Mara, Mara Explorer Camp is set on its own private peninsula, with each of its ten luxurious tents opening to the Talek River and the stunning savanna. The tents, equipped with all mod cons are set on wooden decks opening out to a private verandah where you can enjoy time alone in the wild away from it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda and Hotwire so you can book your Mara Explorer Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mara Explorer Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Mara Explorer Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve