We and no idea that our experience at the Mara Explorer would be so incredible. We flew into the Mara in a small plane from Nairobi and the resort is literally 5 minutes from the landing strip. From the moment we were greeted, shown around and escorted to our abode, a luxurious, romantic and cozy tent next to a flowing river, we felt like we were in a dream sequence. When we went to our room that first night after dinner, we were gloriously surprised that our sumptuous bed was turned down and had two hot water bottles tucked under the sheets, a delightful way to slip away into slumber, as the sounds of the night lulled us to sleep.
The game drives left us nothing to want for, as our guide, Vincent, showed us every kind of animal one would want to see, including a rare black rhino, a pair of cheetahs, and a mother leopard and cub, among all the other wild inhabitants that peacefully roam the Mara. Vincent was intelligent, experienced, and very pleasant and friendly. We will request him again, as he made the game drives exciting and delightful.
Our meals were amazing and the service was impeccable. We did not expect the variety of fresh foods, eclectic menus and high quality. Our server Odin was one of the most gracious hosts and we looked forward to seeing him every day. He took care of us like we were royalty. One of the highlights of the day was to wind down around the fire with other guests, cocktails in hand, before being escorted to our private table, under a billowing tree, to dine and reminisce on the day's adventure.
We travel extensively worldwide, but to say this was a trip of a lifetime is no exaggeration. We are planning to go back with our grown children to share this with them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the world famous Masai Mara, Mara Explorer Camp is set on its own private peninsula, with each of its ten luxurious tents opening to the Talek River and the stunning savanna. The tents, equipped with all mod cons are set on wooden decks opening out to a private verandah where you can enjoy time alone in the wild away from it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Mara Explorer Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mara Explorer Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Mara Explorer Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve