My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at the Mara Explorer Camp in early August. We had six nights in the Masai Mara and had contemplated splitting the time between two different camps, but as we were looking to really relax, we decided to stay all six nights at the Mara Explorer Camp. It was the best decision we ever made. Steve, the incredible manager, kindly moved us midway through from tent 6 to tent 4, with each offering their own reward: tent 6 had monkeys hanging out that we didn't see anywhere else during our stay. We were also treated to a baboon show and a herd of elephants late one afternoon. Tent 4 has the extraordinary view of the hippos. What we loved most about the explorer was the understated but impeccable service. You feel as if you're in the jungle, but it's the most luxurious jungle imaginable. All of the staff are genuine, friendly and caring people who provide an incredible level of service while making it all look effortless. And the food isn't simply good food for a camp in Kenya, it's great food, period--delicious, creative and beautifully presented. I live in London and eat out a lot and I still miss the food at the Mara Explorer, not to mention the scenery at the restaurant, which is pretty hard to beat, as was the service we received from the lovely Jeremiah. I'd been dreaming of going on safari for more than 20 years, and the Mara Explorer did not disappoint. It is difficult to imagine that there is a better place to stay in the Masai, or elsewhere. From Joseph our excellent guide to James and Samuel who looked after us in our tents, to the kitchen staff and the lovely Masai gentlemen who escorted us to and from our tents at night, our thanks for the experience of a lifetime.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the world famous Masai Mara, Mara Explorer Camp is set on its own private peninsula, with each of its ten luxurious tents opening to the Talek River and the stunning savanna. The tents, equipped with all mod cons are set on wooden decks opening out to a private verandah where you can enjoy time alone in the wild away from it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Mara Explorer Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mara Explorer Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Mara Explorer Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve