Stayed here for 2 nights in September.
It is a magical place with wildlife all around - as has been said on many occasions the staff are wonderful - our guide, Julius, made sure that we got to see as much as we possibly could including a leopard on the hunt and a river crossing of a couple of hundred wilderbeast.
My only, very slight, gripe would be that you can't just sit and enjoy your surroundings.
On our last night at around 10pm, after dinner, I wanted to just sit on the verander outside our tent and listen to the wildlife all around - however, just seconds after i had sat at the table the security guard came to inform me that he would be there for the whole night. Whilst i appreciate that we were in the middle of nowhere and surrounded by wild animals it would have been nice to just have a few minutes, alone, to appreciate this. I fully understand why this is done - in order to safegaurd the guests - this is why i have said that it is only a very slight gripe in an otherwise wonderful stay.
If i go back again this would be my first choice of accommodation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Mara is a luxury safari and game viewing lodge located in Kenya's world famous Masai Mara, home to the annual Great Migration of the Wildebeest. We are situated directly on the Mara River with six riverfront guest suites. All suites are raised upon wooden decks with full mahogany flooring and original hand carved furniture. See the same wildlife-rich areas as broadcast on the BBC Big Cat Diary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com so you can book your Royal Mara Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Mara Safari Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Royal Mara Safari Lodge Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve