As a party of five we stayed for two nights in the Royal Mara, it exceeded expectations the lodges were large and very spacious decorated in Safari style but still with modern facilities excellent shower and his/her sinks. The food was fantastic better than a lot of hotels we have stayed in around the world and served outside by the river with hippo's and other wildlife passing by. Our safari driver Wilson had been working on the the "Big Cat Diary" and the passion he felt with his job was infectious. We saw five out of the Big five although the Rhino was in a sanctuary for obvious reasons. The staff were always cheerful and very helpful including the two guides who accompanied us on a walk where we saw an hippo which had been hurt, they became very strict and insisted that we should be quiet and move the long way around the animal as in pain he could lash out and become very dangerous. Would we go back - yes definitely. We were there in September 2011
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Mara is a luxury safari and game viewing lodge located in Kenya's world famous Masai Mara, home to the annual Great Migration of the Wildebeest. We are situated directly on the Mara River with six riverfront guest suites. All suites are raised upon wooden decks with full mahogany flooring and original hand carved furniture. See the same wildlife-rich areas as broadcast on the BBC Big Cat Diary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Jovago.com so you can book your Royal Mara Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Mara Safari Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Royal Mara Safari Lodge Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve