this was my second time in the masai mara but my first to the Mara North Conservancy and wow wow wow lions galoure . I was in heaven many small cubs were about and we got really really close thanks to wonderful James our safari guide . all 4 days of our drives were amazing only 4 of the big 5 but I was happy too see the cats . within the first 1 hour we saw a cheetah mum with her 2 cubs and then a pride of about 15 lions , we arrived at the camp and wow again . its amazingly done with all the carved rustic wood the tent was very spacious and clean .lovely sun lounges for a few hours in the afternoon before the evening drive , mark our tent boy was such a lovely guy and a good friend as was Joshua our waiter . Samuel our security guide was great and kept us safe . James the manager gave us what ever we wanted as we had the camp to ourselves , the chief cooked every day what we wanted and it was delicious every time , breakfast in the bush every day was amazing thanks to James for setting the table and chairs out the last day we had to rush as a herd of ellis were coming to join us . saw 2 different leopards very close and the night drive was awesome and we was lucky to see a beautiful serval hunting , I will return definatly as I always use JT safaris from Diani in Mombasa as my rep he is a great business man with fab prices . thankyou for our memorable stay Royal mara
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Mara is a luxury safari and game viewing lodge located in Kenya's world famous Masai Mara, home to the annual Great Migration of the Wildebeest. We are situated directly on the Mara River with six riverfront guest suites. All suites are raised upon wooden decks with full mahogany flooring and original hand carved furniture. See the same wildlife-rich areas as broadcast on the BBC Big Cat Diary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Royal Mara Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Mara Safari Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Royal Mara Safari Lodge Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve